Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Reply to "Poll" summation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcknitnut
New Pal

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  08:00:00 AM  Show Profile Send kcknitnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the poll summation. I AGREE !!!!!

I have been able to finally pass on my knitting knowledge to my daughter, who in her 50s decided to REALLY get into the swing of it.

KC

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  08:09:06 AM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Clara, for the summation. A great way to show that we really are alike in more ways than not. It was a breath of fresh air.
Go to Top of Page

luvsuns@comcast.net
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  09:32:39 AM  Show Profile Send luvsuns@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with the poll numbers. Have passed on the knitting bug to one daughter who re-learned at 32. Now to teach my 14 yr. old granddaughter to knit. This is a challenge.
Go to Top of Page

Mary B
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  09:34:24 AM  Show Profile Send Mary B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update. Great minds think alike!
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  09:50:17 AM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, thanks for the update and for the graceful way in which you pointed out all that we have in common. And thanks for maintaining this forum as such a wonderful place to talk about knitting.

Anne in NJ

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

spinningkat
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  10:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit spinningkat's Homepage Send spinningkat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clara for your poll summation. It is refreshing to see what brings us together instead of our differences. Also makes me feel a little better I am not the only one that falls behind in knit-alongs.
Kathy @ Scarlet Fleece

Spinning Kat
Check out news at Scarlet Fleece: www.scarleetfleece.com
Go to Top of Page

3088margaret
New Pal

17 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  11:26:44 AM  Show Profile Send 3088margaret a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What a wonderful motto - 'Knit and Let Knit'! and many thanks for this newsletter and all the others; I always find them interesting and enjoyable.

Thanks

Margaret
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  4:58:27 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Margaret said what I was going to say, great Motto, Clara!

"Knit and Let Knit"

I have three knitting DDs. And hopefully we will finally bring the other one into the flock at some point. :)

Pics at Flickr
Zippiknits
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  06:55:08 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, there is a lot in common, and dispite the differences we still jump in and wallow in fiber and knitting and help eachother when we can. Love, love, love the motto Clara!

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

trosttribe@bellsouth.net
New Pal

38 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  1:31:04 PM  Show Profile Send trosttribe@bellsouth.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Job Clara in reviewing all those polls and presenting such great highlights. We can agree to disagree about yarns, needles, patterns, designers, and whether to knit one or purl two! Bottom line, thre's nothing like "Knit,Sweet Knit"!

Blessings,
Barbie
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

394 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  2:46:47 PM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great idea the summation was. I didn't know I missed it until I saw it and realized I had been wondering about those things. Thanks, Clara.
Go to Top of Page

Susan1006
New Pal

33 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  04:39:45 AM  Show Profile Send Susan1006 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great presentation of polling info. I wonder if the spiritually calming and centering aspects of knitting which exist in harmonious tension with the energizing creativity of the work is fully appreciated among knitters. If you have explored this, I am unaware of it, but I have only recently joined the online knitting community. I enjoy Knitting Review forums and I am always happy to see the newsletter in my inbox. Stay well, Susan

Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises. EZ
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  3:20:25 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Susan1006
I wonder if the spiritually calming and centering aspects of knitting which exist in harmonious tension with the energizing creativity of the work is fully appreciated among knitters.

I bet it is, even though most of us would expess it differently.
There are also tons of books and websites on the subject.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=spiritual+aspects+of+knitting&spell=
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe