Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 desert island stash- need to stock minimally
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sbankston
New Pal

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  8:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Send sbankston a Yahoo! Message Send sbankston a Private Message
i like this topic. but it deadended. i am a minimalist. never had to file a task return and i am 40! ( perpetual student). never bought a home. want to pay off my loans and live minimally. sooooo how do enter the world of knitting minimally? i have on eunfinished eggplant cable knit sweater and an old bag ( need a new dreamweaver vintage thank you.
but what are the essentials for a knitter...bag? needles ( circular and ...straight..brand). markers. patterns..scissors. helpp me stock minimally please

slowlybutshelly

queenmaxine
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  06:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit queenmaxine's Homepage Send queenmaxine a Private Message
I find a set of Denise needles with a pack of extra cords invaluable for keeping things minimalist. Everything you need for knitting with needles size 5 and up all in a compqct little binder case.

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sbankston
New Pal

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  06:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Send sbankston a Yahoo! Message Send sbankston a Private Message
thanks where do i get these denise needles??

slowlybutshelly
Go to Top of Page

Tranny
Warming Up

72 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  07:47:26 AM  Show Profile Send Tranny a Private Message
Try a yarn store. Or go to knitdenise.com.

And I know what it feels like to be a perpetual student and not have to file task returns. Now that you're an MD, that's gonna change, eh?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe