Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Felting Books and Patterns
 Felted Bowl Patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lyric
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  5:04:42 PM  Show Profile Send Lyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi.

Do you guys know of a book or somewhere that i can buy a pattern for felted bowls? Barnes and Nobel and Amazon came up with nothing when I searched there.

Thanks for your help

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  6:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that Plymouth Yarns has individual pattern groupings. They probably sell them on their website. Good luck!

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
http://purledthis.blogspot.com/ UPDATED! WITH PICS!
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1734 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  01:48:48 AM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Carol Bristol has some beautiful bowls - and a LOT of other gorgeous stuff. And I do mean gorgeous!

Here's the link? http://carolbristoldesigns.com/

Marilyn
Check out my bags here.
Go to Top of Page

queenmaxine
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  07:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit queenmaxine's Homepage Send queenmaxine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The book"One Skein" has a pattern I always use with great results.

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sparkleplenty
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
484 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  09:13:06 AM  Show Profile Send sparkleplenty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might check the felting books by Maggie Pace. I don't see it on her Web site, but I could have sworn there were bowls in one of her books.

sparkleplenty

-------------------
If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
~Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  10:10:25 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cat Bordhi's "Treasuries of Magical Knitting" have felted bowl patterns: I think book two is the one you'd want.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lyric
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  3:00:52 PM  Show Profile Send Lyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, everyone.

I looked at the Carol Bristol site. They are gorgeous. However, I'm going to check out the other sources that were mentioned before I make a choice.

I appreciate your help.
Lyric
Go to Top of Page

merry@nebazone.com
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile Send merry@nebazone.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you about carolbristoldesigns.com. I have knit every one of her patterns. They are wonderful.and the finished products are just what she describes. By the way, the ones from Plymouth are done with double pointed needles and, in my opinion, are not well designed.

Merry
Go to Top of Page

tink_r_bell
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  2:43:50 PM  Show Profile Send tink_r_bell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I was knitting felted bowls, I started looking differently at hats.
The crowns make great bowls, sometimes I leave the brims on, just smaller width. I found a pattern (OK cannot locate web site at the moment) that is like Jackie Kennedy's famous pillbox hat, and it is my very favorite bowl.

Steph ;-}

To err is human, just try not to over do it.
Go to Top of Page

englishtch
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit englishtch's Homepage Send englishtch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to a website that has a listing of many free patterns for felted things. I saw a couple listed for bowls.

http://www.knittychick.com/freebiepatterns.htm

My blog: www.soonerbeknitting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.