Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 How many Projects do you have on the go?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Seabright
New Pal

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  10:53:39 AM  Show Profile Send Seabright a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Continuing the 'true confessions' theme, I am wondering how many people (like me) have a large (?)number of started-but-not-completed projects tucked in amongst the million or so balls of wool they have in their stash? I am feeling virtuous having just completed a pair of felted mukluks that I started almost 2 years ago. Finally figured out what the next step. Perhaps some projects are just meant to be finished over time. However, I also find that boredom sets in with some lengthy projects... or I get seduced by a new pattern or pretty yarn.

busygirl
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
1673 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:35:43 AM  Show Profile Send busygirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I now have two projects on the go,and at the moment I don't have much of a stash at all - other than the yarn I am using for my WIP's,the rest of my "stash" consists of odd balls of yarn which I have put into Ziploc bags and stored in a large basket.I have a small collection of teddy bears,so will probably use up most of my small stash by knitting some more sweaters for my teds.
It's now midsummer in NZ,but towards the end of summer I plan to buy more yarn,as I have a couple of larger projects like sweaters and cardigans on my to-do list for winter.

Leslie

My Blog
http://au.360.yahoo.com/abreyleslie
My Pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/busygirl/
Go to Top of Page

AngieSue
Permanent Resident

USA
1606 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile Send AngieSue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 projects, wine cozy and summer bag, that are hibernating. Other than that, I do try to only have 1 project as a time.

Angie
My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26414328@N00/
My blog: http://zippyzinnia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My goodness, when was the last time I had only two projects? Um... more years than I really want to admit.

Counting only those projects that I actually intend to finish rather than frog, these are currently on my needles:

The Albatross (cotton v-neck top-down, taking forever)
Cashmere fingerless gloves
One pair of socks (only one? how'd that happen?)
Celtic Icon cardigan from Inspired Cable Knits
Alpaca/silk Faroese shawl

Hm, only five... that's not too bad (for me).

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2378 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only one right now! Can't wait to finish the socks so I can start on a new project. I usually do one at a time unless I'm making things for others.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

Seabright
New Pal

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  1:02:32 PM  Show Profile Send Seabright a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... that will teach me to confess!!!! You guys are SO DISCIPLINED!!! I am now thoroughly wracked with guilt as I would guess that there are probably a dozen or more WIP's in my house. And that number would grow exponentially if you included 'yarn bought with pattern in mind but not started) as a WIP. Personally I blame housework and gainful employment as the major impediments to my completion rate! Children have left home so I can't blame them....
Go to Top of Page

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My current guilt-inducing problem is not so much that I have too many UFOs, but rather that I have a tonne of yarn stashed for which I cannot find patterns that I like. I have changed my mind a few times and spent more time websurfing than it would have taken me to knit up!

Can you imagine a world without rhetorical questions?
Go to Top of Page

knittingbuzz
Permanent Resident

USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  3:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit knittingbuzz's Homepage Send knittingbuzz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dare not say.... might be too incriminating....my goal is to finish projects in 2008. So far, I have finished 2 older projects and started a 4 new....Yikes....looking dangerous so far
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
woohoo I'm down to 5. Starting Clapotis (in Rowan tapestry) on the 1st of Feb though so I better hurry up and get something finished.

1. Cotton/viscose/acrylic short sleeved top.
2. Lacy wool scarf (car project for waiting times - doesn't really count)
3. Wisp - a 1 ball project so a quick knit
4. My eternal cabled Jo Sharp shawl - currently resting through summer as it is 4' 6" long at the moment and aran weight, far too hot to knit in summer. (Started in 2005 will be finished in 2008)
5. Charcoal 4ply mohair/silk bolero knitted using a pattern for cotton. This wool is so yummy, I love it, Marta's hand dyed mohair silk blend.

Mainly small things at this time of year due to the weather (it's summer in Aus)

Wen

2008 stats: 1 FO, 5 WIP, 0 frogpond.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  4:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I only have four at the moment - Hanne Falkenburg's Mermaid (a little more than halfway through); a cabled baby jacket (bands to be knitted then to sew it up); a pair of socks from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Socks (two at once top down - near the toe and have been like this for months!); and a pair of Fetching mittens I started last night for a gift.

Please don't tell me if I have more as I really don't want to know!

KathyR

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
My Blog
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/ (Roselea Fibres)
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  6:42:10 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea. I can't count that high.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by achrisvet

I have no idea. I can't count that high.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

I'm with her. There are projects I don't even remember.

Knitting pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/naprous
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  7:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Wow! I'm really impressed with how many people only have a few projects going!

I've got 8 that I admit to in the progress bars on my blog . . . and I'd bet there are a few more hiding in the house somewhere. I've got small things like mitts for my mom to bigger things like a sweater, a large shawl and a baby blanket. They range from barely more than cast on to about 90% finished.

There are other projects that I've started that are put away to be finished later . . . that pile I'd guess is about 12 or 15 things "deep" at the moment.

I just recently finished a pair of socks that I started last August . . . several of the other projects that I'm working on were started last january or february so I try to do a bit here and there on them to get them done . . . and I just picked up another pair of socks to continue working on that I actually started in July '06 . . . those I'd like to finish this month.

The trouble is I ususally cast-on about 3 things for everything I actually finish!

Happy knitting,

Margaret

Shop: http://www.inspirationsyarn.com
Blog: http://www.afewsheepshyofafarm.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pockykami
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  9:19:35 PM  Show Profile Send Pockykami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so glad that I'm not the only one with tons of unfinished projects. I have about 6 wip not including yarn I bought for a specific pattern. I've discovered that I just cannot stay focused on a project that has a lot of monotonous stockinette. I get so bored and move on. Now I try to do patterns with fun details and interesting stitch patterns.

Rachael
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  9:31:07 PM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh boy...
Morning mitts (half way through 2), sock #2, Voyageur stole (elann), scarf for DD, Homespun afghan (over a year on that) And if I may include that I also have 2 crochet afghans going also. One of which I will never finish in my lifetime. Never volunteer to do a single crochet lap afghan for 6'5" man. DH thought it would be cool to have a potholder looking afghan....

I also have about 6 items planned for the next month or two. Have to finish sock 2 before I can cast on teh next one I am forcing myself.
Go to Top of Page

knit4sanity
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  11:40:44 PM  Show Profile Send knit4sanity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I currently have 3 on the needles!
1) Louisa Harding Rosa Sweater from Gathering Roses Design Collection
2) Ruffles Scarf from Scarf Style- in a variegated DK wool
3) One Cigar glove to go from knitty.com

and I need to sew in an endless number of ends on a pair of fingerless mitts I designed to go with the "Ski-Hat" purse from frugalhaus.com (These are to go to my SIL as an addition to the hat I gave her for Christmas)

Stop thinkin' about it & Just do it!!
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  05:46:31 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to many. My goal is to seriously sit down and go thru all and decide whether to frog or keep going. Then pick 'em up, one at a time, finish 'em before I start a new project. KL
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  06:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right now I have 4 but I hope in an hour that I have only 3 :-) I'm sewing up my 2nd BSJ at the moment so that it can be posted to Australia next week for a baby to be born in March/April. The 3 other projects are a long cardigan for myself (Flicca) which is pretty simple minded knitting so good for wathing movies. Socks for Veronik, which is my commuter project and the 3rd one is the Swallowtail shawl. That one is going the slowest but it is still going!

Marjolein

my photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/
www.ravelry.com/projects/marjotse
Go to Top of Page

YarnAndCoffee
Seriously Hooked

786 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile Send YarnAndCoffee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just two. One of my resolutions was to get back to to just two things on the needles -- something simple and something complex. Right now I have a lace stole in peach cashmere for the complex, and some slipped-rib socks in Smooshy for the simple.

-Elizabeth in Alabama
Go to Top of Page

moogoo11
New Pal

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  5:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send moogoo11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My goal this year is to finish most of what I have started before I start more. So I did a check of what I have started and I was shocked how many projects are on needles!

1 sweater, 1 blanket and 1 shawl,not too bad. Then I added in the silly socks!!! 8 socks on needles, yikes! They sure add up! So I guss I will be knitting socks for awhile. Eek. 11 projects.

(And as I started writing this I noticed a sweater I've cast on and done a couple of rows, oh well, 12 projects).
Go to Top of Page

angel597
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:14:48 PM  Show Profile Send angel597 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 2 blankets, 2 hooded sweaters, and 1 tube scarf in progress. The 2 blankets I haven't touched in awhile, along with the tube scarf. One of the hooded sweaters is what I'm working on right now, and I'm plying some yarn together to weave into the other hooded sweater.

Laurie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.