Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Desert Island Stash
 Desert Island Stash, revisited
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beedee
Seriously Hooked

USA
705 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  09:18:40 AM  Show Profile Send beedee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shelia, thank you for your very kind and thoughtful suggestion! I have just about finished my reminiscences. I don't plan on doing much more on KR forums except to occasionally contribute a response to a query, here and there, or visit the OT personal/health/family etc. forum. It was never about accumulating gold stars. Is there any way the "post counter" can be reset to zero (or at least stuck)? Again, thank you! See you around the forums!
Go to Top of Page

beedee
Seriously Hooked

USA
705 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  1:19:05 PM  Show Profile Send beedee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that was a nice note from Shelia. I'm not too sure how to go about evacuating this island. Oh! I see a sail! No, that's no sail! That's my old friend Cecil (The Seasick Sea Serpent)! 'bye, desert island -- hello Honalee! (Cecil and Puff are good friends of mine!)
Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you referring to Shelia's suggestion about a blog in a negative light with reference to the shark fins? I thought it sounded like a good idea to me. You obviously like to write and I thought she felt like your interesting life and posts would make good reading on a blog. Did I miss something?
Go to Top of Page

beedee
Seriously Hooked

USA
705 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  2:57:07 PM  Show Profile Send beedee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Sara, you missed something. Shelia is a wonderfully gracious person. Her suggestion is a very sensible one. For various financial and technical reasons, a blog is not an option for me.

Apparently my reminiscences are just too tedious for further words. That's OK. I don't need an audience to enjoy my memories. Enjoy the Fall, everyone. That's Fall, as in falling leaves, blustery winds, and Octoberfests. Time to stick to my knitting!

Go to Top of Page

Sara Sue
Permanent Resident

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  3:58:24 PM  Show Profile Send Sara Sue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK - I went back and read Shelia's posts and I don't see anything in them that deserves the "shark fins trolling the lagoon" remark. But you answered my question and I thank you. If you wish to continue this discussion, let's do it in PM. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Tranny
Warming Up

72 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  4:41:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tranny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for the explanation! For a minute I thought you were calling Shelia a troll, but now I understand that you were actually referring to your own posts. Thanks for the great laugh today, I sure needed it!
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  05:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beedee, please stop attacking people on this forum. There are no shark fins circling, and the mere implication is an insult to the whole KR community. If you have a problem with me or some other individuals on KR, act like an adult and address it directly and privately.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.typepad.com/
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Buy monkey-based political humor: http://www.cafepress.com/monkeyshimes
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2057 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  1:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

BeeDee, I have to nod to Lanea's post - I can't really see any shark fins here re your posts & it is challenging to see the KR Forum community judged like that.

You mentioned that there are circumstances that limit your online use in relation to a blog but I wonder how that would be any different from your writings here - you seem to have frequent KR posts & a blog can be as frequent or random as you choose it to be.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3994 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  3:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, those edits make it clear that you are not talking about yourself as a shark but rather referring to others. You've been asked repeatedly to treat others with respect and sniping without naming names does not make a posting respectful. You can refer others to previous locked threads but those threads were locked because they were not living up to the KR standard. IMHO, that means that everyone should move on and let it go, not continue to bring it up, as if you were an innocent who has been picked upon.

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up and join today.
Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.