Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Left-handed knitting
 new web site for lefties
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leftoutbutgood
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  09:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit leftoutbutgood's Homepage Send leftoutbutgood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found a new web site called : www.knittingleft.com
I purchased their video and it was super!
Check it out.

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  09:06:27 AM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Left out,
Thank you so much for posting this. I think that I have seen the site before. I would like to try the baby sock pattern. I am a left knitter like some one this board, but my mom taught me to knit when I was about 8 or 9 to knit right. I find that it is more comfortable this way. But, when I crochet which is not very often, I crochet left.

Rebecca + Amelia(Dogzilla Knitter)
Go to Top of Page

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  9:40:43 PM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am "left bodied," but I don't know if I knit left or right-handed. Sounds dumb, doesn't it? I definitely crochet right-handed--no question about that. When I have to pick up gusset stitches to make socks and have to use a crochet hook in my right hand I am practically paralyzed. I am immediately going to check out this site. I think I knit right=handed, but my mother says "not so." More info as I find out myself!!!
Go to Top of Page

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  9:42:09 PM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
correction to above blurb---I definitely crochet left-handed. Sorry for the mistake.
Go to Top of Page

anotherbev
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  9:57:22 PM  Show Profile Send anotherbev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's me again. I "googled" left-hand knitting and watched a video for "throwing" and for "continental," and although I absolutely am left-handed everywhere else I knit right-handed. I will state, however, that I do have trouble understanding charted patterns, right to left and all that; the solution I use is to turn the chart upside down--in this way, even though I am looking at the bottom row of the chart as if it were the top row, I am now knitting from left to right. That is the way I was able to teach myself to crochet as well--taking illustrated "how to" instructions and turning them upside down. Thanks for calling my attention to this--now I know why I was having so much trouble reading the patterns; my eyes are also left-handed. Thank you again for the info, and I will return to this website!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe