Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Brooklyntweed has design in latest IK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Woollymama
Gabber Extraordinaire

540 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  4:37:16 PM  Show Profile Send Woollymama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jared (aka Brooklyn Tweed) has a nifty tweed (what else?) sweater pattern in the latest issue of Interweave Knits. Can't wait to make it for my son.

woollymama

Woollymama
Gabber Extraordinaire

540 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  4:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send Woollymama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jared (aka Brooklyn Tweed) has a nifty tweed (what else?) sweater pattern in the latest issue of Interweave Knits. Can't wait to make it for my son.

Forgot to mention you can see it on BrooklynTweed's blog:
brooklyntweed.net

woollymama
Go to Top of Page

KromGal
Gabber Extraordinaire

594 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  4:47:25 PM  Show Profile Send KromGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forget the design....they should hire him to do the photography! And, he just got a Kromski Minstrel, too. We spinners are in trouble!
Go to Top of Page

KromGal
Gabber Extraordinaire

594 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  4:47:49 PM  Show Profile Send KromGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forget the design....they should hire him to do the photography! And, he just got a Kromski Minstrel, too. We spinners are in trouble!
Go to Top of Page

KarenB
Seriously Hooked

750 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  10:37:40 PM  Show Profile Send KarenB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been a longtime but silent worshipper of Jared's work and am thrilled to see him published. I so admire his aesthetic sense, attention to detail, and meticulous craftsmanship (and that applies to the photography as much as the knitting). Plus I'm a sucker for anything tweedy. Here's hoping we see many more of his designs in the future.

Karen
My knitting gallery
Go to Top of Page

bluestocking5
Chatty Knitter

180 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  09:54:21 AM  Show Profile Send bluestocking5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KarenB: I agree, I absoluely love his sensibility and craftmanship. It always adds to the day when he posts something on Brooklyntweed.

As a side question: his sweater in IK has a lovely simple garter stich yoke, does anyone have any thoughts as to whether such a design would suit a barrel chested man?

Go to Top of Page

rather be knitting
Seriously Hooked

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile Send rather be knitting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another fan here -- of his knitting, his photography, and his creative sensibilities. Heck, I've even knit things i didn't like until i saw a finished picture on his blog.

Congratulations to Jared -- I'm glad to see his work recognized and hope we'll be seeing lots more of his down-to-earth original designs.

Happy Knitting!
claire
Go to Top of Page

Mocha
Permanent Resident

Singapore
2903 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  8:24:47 PM  Show Profile Send Mocha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I won't be buying IK today, but it looks like I am going to, after all...wondering if I should subscribe to IK instead.
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  3:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous design. And inspired from architecture. What fun!

Arctic-mermaid
http://www.flickr.com/photos/MermaidKnits/
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2007 :  3:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really love the yarns Jared uses in his garments but I'm not sure I like the neckline in the IK sweater. To me it seems a little unfinished. What I do like, though, is the jacket in the latest posting on his blog. Very nice. I do hope that he decides to publish that design!

KathyR
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?