Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Swap
 ISO free/cheap source of roving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

new2kntting
Warming Up

93 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  10:03:32 PM  Show Profile Send new2kntting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just stared to spin on a drop spindle. I'm looking for free roving to practice on or a source for reasonable priced roving. Any additional advise on spindle spinning is gladly accepted. Thanks.
Pauline

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  7:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sent you a private message!
Go to Top of Page

GrannieAnnie06
Warming Up

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  06:39:20 AM  Show Profile Send GrannieAnnie06 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by new2kntting

I just stared to spin on a drop spindle. I'm looking for free roving to practice on or a source for reasonable priced roving. Any additional advise on spindle spinning is gladly accepted. Thanks.
Pauline

I spin exclusively on a drop spindle... PM me anytime with questions... Or put them in the spindle section...

Finished is better than perfect
Go to Top of Page

blackthreadz
New Pal

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  10:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit blackthreadz's Homepage  Send blackthreadz a Yahoo! Message Send blackthreadz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by new2kntting

Pauline

I sent a private message, too!
Go to Top of Page

Noodles
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  9:33:22 PM  Show Profile Send Noodles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If You found any sources for free/cheap fiber I would love to hear about them College life is sucking all of my little money from my pockets.
Thanks,

-Johnathon
Go to Top of Page

mummywarren
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  2:40:07 PM  Show Profile Send mummywarren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
www.thesheepshedstudio.com

great source for mill ends and other excellent spinning fibers, they also have brownsheep yarns. To save on shipping you should buy in quantity or share the order with a friend.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe