Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 The most WIPs you've had?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to be pretty monogamous in my knitting (only 1 or 2 projects OTN) but now I have 6 WIPs. One is about to get frogged, but even having 5 is a lot for me. I'm trying to work my way back down to 2.

What about you all? What's the most projects you've ever had OTN?

Del, knitting addict since November '03

Knit blog: cozy's place

My knitting articles

adalton124
Seriously Hooked

659 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  2:56:43 PM  Show Profile Send adalton124 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say 8 is the most I've had OTN. That's a lot for me too. I usually only have 3 to 4 but I must have gotten bored and forgotten some of my older WIPs.

Angela
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:04:57 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I probably have around a dozen OTNs but a lot more WIPs - that is I have lots of knitted pieces (mainly toys) but there are still more bits to knit before I can assemble anything!!! Variety is the spice of life [:00] - Happy Knitting!

Lucy [IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/loliwoli/catyawn.gif[/IMG]My Blog - Lucy Knits
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:11:44 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably 6...I keep thinking I need to buy more needles, then I start looking at my WIP's and there they are.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Mama Cat
Permanent Resident

1223 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:17:21 PM  Show Profile Send Mama Cat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I probably have more OTN, still active projects right now than ever before in my life.

I am currently working on:

crocheted cotton cardigan
Knit Picks Palette Fair Isle cardigan
A v-neck pullover from very old stash yarn
2 pairs of socks
Great American Aran Afghan (one square completed)

I guess that's 6 projects.
Go to Top of Page

hikingmommy
Chatty Knitter

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:18:49 PM  Show Profile Send hikingmommy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to keep it down to 3. I find I need at least 2 or I get bored, but I don't want more than 3, b/c I fear then I'll never finish any of them and I won't have momentum. But I like having at least 1 easier project and 1 more challenging one to work on depending on my mood and where I'm knitting.
Go to Top of Page

mertle
Permanent Resident

USA
1732 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:21:08 PM  Show Profile Send mertle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 5-6 going right now that I can see. Can't seem to decide how to finish the tops of these bags (designing as I go). So many options.

This doesn't count 3-4 stuck down somewhere deep in my stash area that I don't see often. I vaguely remember what they are . . . a couple of shawls, a belt . . . hmmmmm - maybe more.

Check out my bags at http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa254/MERTleKnits/My%20Bags/
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:39:49 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had three in the past, an afghan, a shell, a cardi. Right now I have four, a shawl, socks, short fingered gloves, aran sweater. It's really nice to have enough money to keep upping the ante.

Lella
[img]http://www.geocities.com/zippianna/turtle.gif[/img]

My Knitting & Blabbity blog. Come on in and set a spell.
Go to Top of Page

kat0926
Chatty Knitter

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  6:46:00 PM  Show Profile Send kat0926 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right now I've got the most at 8 WIP's. One of these days I'll get them all done. I seem to get bored with one and will move on to another. I need to just stick with one until it's done!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  7:24:40 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't a clue. Seriously. I think for me, it's more of a matter of when have I had only a few going at a time.

M L
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  7:36:14 PM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have 3 active WIP. Any more-I'm confused! Any less and I get bored!
Go to Top of Page

Isis Rising
Chatty Knitter

320 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  10:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Isis Rising's Homepage Send Isis Rising a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I actually count my WIPs, I'll be faced with the realization I have a problem.

Startitis. I love to start projects. I like to knit on different things. My attempt at monogamy last year-- was horrible.

The KP Options needles are a prime enabler in my Startitis diagnosis.

http://isisrising.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

GJohnson39
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  05:33:13 AM  Show Profile Send GJohnson39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had as many as 6 WIP's going at a time, but I have developed a strategy to make this condition seem more reasoned and purposeful than distracted and forgetful. I really don't like to sew up or block, but if I have more than one project ready to finish, I create an assembly line to do ALL the blocking at once and ALL the sewing up at once. The one thing I have to do to make this work, is to try to keep knitting on each project at about the same pace. This gives me lots to options to choose from during the knitting phase, and having a large number of pieces to block then sew makes that process seem more manageable. I may be deluding myself, but I think these processes go quicker when done this way-blocking 4 sweaters in a day also makes me feel very productive (forget that it took 6 months to knit all the pieces!)

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

ShannonM
Gabber Extraordinaire

352 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  06:54:09 AM  Show Profile Send ShannonM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yikes, they're all over the house. I think 10. I bought a knitting machine a few months ago thinking it would make projects go faster. I think they go slower because the ratio of knitting time to finishing time changed. I can machine knit the parts to a sweater in 2 hours but it takes 7-8 hours to hand knit the edgings and do all the finishing work.

Shannon
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  08:35:47 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have too many on the needles and I am afraid to go to lys or read a knitting mag, because I find something else I need to start. It is time to start finishing not starting. I am getting out of hand. BUT I did finish a sock I started over a yr ago and I am now working on the 2nd. I use it as my out and about project so hopefully I will get it finished sooner than the first. Then I can start another pair of socks or heaven forbid finish my glittens.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  09:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're all a bunch of lightweights ;}. I have at least 20 on the needles, but only about 4-5 active at any one time. I love to start projects and since I'm a process (rather than project) knitter, it doesn't bother me in the least to leave them unfinished when something new comes along or I get bored or new yarn comes in the store (in fact new yarn at the store makes my fingers itch).

I used to have alot less, but I have to admit that owning a store has only enabled my startitis. Once I start a project, I can pretty much guarentee that the color I'm working on will sell out, in fact, I've had to sell the yarn I need to finish my project in order to keep customers happy - which really feeds into my unfinished projects disorder. Once I've finished the project, it doesn't sell as well, so its actually encouraging me not to finish!

HoJo

Visit us at: www.fullthreadahead.com
Yarn for the mind, body, and soul

My blog: www.fullthreadahead.com/blog
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  11:40:23 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HoJo, that is a totaly different thing, when you are doing for a store then when you are doing for yourself only. You have a excuse or a good reason to start things to show off the yarn or the pattern. I have no excuse. I really would like to get a few items finished.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Isis Rising
Chatty Knitter

320 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  3:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Isis Rising's Homepage Send Isis Rising a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HoJo

You're all a bunch of lightweights ;}. I have at least 20 on the needles, but only about 4-5 active at any one time. I love to start projects and since I'm a process (rather than project) knitter, it doesn't bother me in the least to leave them unfinished when something new comes along or I get bored or new yarn comes in the store (in fact new yarn at the store makes my fingers itch).

I used to have alot less, but I have to admit that owning a store has only enabled my startitis. Once I start a project, I can pretty much guarentee that the color I'm working on will sell out, in fact, I've had to sell the yarn I need to finish my project in order to keep customers happy - which really feeds into my unfinished projects disorder. Once I've finished the project, it doesn't sell as well, so its actually encouraging me not to finish!

HoJo

Whew. It's good to know I'm not the only one with tons of stuff on the needles. I thought a bit more about it-- I'm truly only working on about two or three things at a time. Eventually, though-- things get finished. Or, I rip them and start something else new.

Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  3:52:39 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hojo, you and Isis Rising must have an amazing amount of needles![:00][:00] I think I shall start at least two more sets of needles tomorrow. Maybe

Lella

Go to Top of Page

HoJo
Permanent Resident

USA
1474 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  10:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit HoJo's Homepage Send HoJo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lella:

Yes, I have a huge investment in both needles and plastic project bags. My staff was reading this and started snickering when they read 20 - Only 20? Well, I'm only owning up to 20.

Zola:
Amazingly all of the "samples" are sized to fit me, so one could argue that these are all knitting for me. Again staff is wondering why I'm not being more "flexible" in my sizing - that does happen sometimes, but only by accident ;}.

HoJo

Go to Top of Page

Isis Rising
Chatty Knitter

320 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  10:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Isis Rising's Homepage Send Isis Rising a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lella

Hojo, you and Isis Rising must have an amazing amount of needles![:00][:00] I think I shall start at least two more sets of needles tomorrow. Maybe

Lella

Cords. I have a great set of Knit Picks' Options cords. I need to buy some more. I also have tons of size 2 dpns, for sock knitting.

I don't kid, when I say Knit Picks has found a way to enable my Startitis. I start something, unscrew the tips, put the end caps on the cord, and then use the needles for the next project.

Brilliant! The KP Options cords don't kink, and retain their shape, even after months in the bottom of a Rubbermaid tote.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.