Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 General Technique Questions
 Entrelec knit Stitch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mama Mooch
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  06:32:34 AM  Show Profile Send Mama Mooch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies,
Does anyone have a pattern for a scarf done up in a Entrelec Stitch pattern? Or has anyone tried this stitch pattern. It looks confusion. Wanda

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  06:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTdanica.html

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

kpc19011
Chatty Knitter

146 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  07:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit kpc19011's Homepage Send kpc19011 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got the pattern out of the book Scarf Style and used the entrelec pattern. It's not extremely difficult, but it is one (at least for me) where I had to knit and read the pattern at the same time. When I first read the pattern I was trying hard to visualize it coming together in my head but was stumped. Cast-on and give it a try...you'll probably get the "Light Bulb" moment as soon as you see it form on your needles.

Good luck!

Kris
SouthSub-Chicago

Just Let Me Finish This Row
http://kniftyred.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Totally argee, this was one where I had to cast on and just knit before the light bulb came on.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  1:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Topic moved from Knitterly Happenings and Events to General Technique Questions.)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  12:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just follow the pattern. The Danica Scarf Amie linked to above is a good starter pattern, as is the Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. It looks much harder than it is!

Anything is only worth what one person is willing to pay for it and one person is willing to sell it for.
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  04:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I get over my current socks fetish (not likely), I will practice entrelac by knitting a couple washcloths using cotton Sugar 'n' Cream yarn. (I did this to learn the Eastern purl method. After all, who cares how a washcloth looks? It's cleaning the dishes.)

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Mirl56
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  11:09:30 AM  Show Profile Send Mirl56 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ceil - that is exactly what I plan to do soon -- try out Entrelec knitting by doing a dish cloth. Practied a few mitered squares with dish cloths, too.

I, too, an stuck in a sock fetish.
Go to Top of Page

sheronm
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  09:24:24 AM  Show Profile Send sheronm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is "Entrelec Stitch Pattern"? Is "Entrelec" somebody's name?

The only "Entrelec" that I know of are industrial products manufactured by ABB.

http://www.clrwtr.com/ABB-Entrelec.htm
Go to Top of Page

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  12:20:50 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sheronm

What is "Entrelec Stitch Pattern"? Is "Entrelec" somebody's name?

Google "entrelac" and "knit"; or look here:

http://knitting.about.com/b/2011/06/13/getting-started-with-entrelac.htm

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

sheronm
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  2:05:19 PM  Show Profile Send sheronm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the link.

"Entrelec" & "Entrelac" are totally 2 different things.
Go to Top of Page

weavingway
New Pal

43 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  06:46:06 AM  Show Profile Send weavingway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the Lady Eleanor pattern. You can made it narrower and not as long if you want more of a scarf then a shawl. Entrelac is trusting the instructions and not your eyes, when the design starts to flow the eyes and brain will connect and you will say wow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe