Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 A quick word about this section
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  10:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

The Random Knitting-Related Stuff section is intended for topics for which you can't find a home under the current forum structure. I realize this is a huge place, and that it's not immediately easy to fully fathom. Therefore I quite frequently come through this section and move topics to more appropriate areas.

This is not a mean-spirited move, nobody's getting their hand slapped, it's simply about putting content where it makes most sense. So if your post gets moved, please don't take it personally, and please understand that my intent is to keep this Random Knitting-Related Stuff section from becoming an endless dumping ground. Your post is not being intentionally relegated to the Gulag where nobody will see it. People read, fear not.

Thanks!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  12:01:01 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Clara: No offense taken by me anyway. You do a great job. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

ladonnabubak
New Pal

31 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  2:49:02 PM  Show Profile Send ladonnabubak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Clara

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I drop in once or twice a day so don't have all the ins & outs figured out yet. The Active Topic things is awesome!

Hit my bog at http://nautiknitter.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

knitree
Seriously Hooked

688 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  7:28:41 PM  Show Profile Send knitree a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah Clara, always taking care of us. Thanks! Any word yet on the next retreat??

Tree
Taking simple patterns and complicating them...
Go to Top of Page

Terryknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  07:21:48 AM  Show Profile Send Terryknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The active topics are a great way to keep posts from getting swept away into the black hole of the internet without being read.

You are constantly improving this forum. What can I say except a great big THANKS!

Terry
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  09:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara has moved several of mine and thank goodness. I often fret that I picked the wrong spot. But I nowadays I never fear because Clara (wearing a knitted cape no less) is here to save the day!

You need a song....every superhero has one.

bonnie

Check out my blog:
Tropical Knits
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

fiberlicious
Permanent Resident

1637 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile Send fiberlicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a tip to keep Clara from having to spend so much time moving posts: Look at all of the options before you post. Sometimes it's really obvious that the poster just dumped her post in the first place she landed, even if the subject has no relationship to the thread.
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  2:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup - and if it's fiber/sheep/knitting related, it goes up here, if not, it goes in OT (or on your own site). A lot of times I see sheep/knitting jokes and that sort of thing in the OT, and those could go in the knitting joke section happily. But if it just made you smile, and doesn't contain sheepy goodness, down to the OT it goes.

When it applies to more than one section, either place is fine - but please pick one of those, rather than saying "I saw this shawl in a movie and want to know how to do that stitch pattern" and not putting it in "Knitting Movies" or "Lace" and plopping it in Random instead... Otherwise Random gets too crowded to search through.

This makes things easier for those of us who try to help as much as we can (so we can find your posts again) and for those that don't want to come to a knitting message board for politics, gross humor, or various other non-knitting chatter.

Though I have to say it amuses me how often spammers actually do get the correct section!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  6:12:09 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Clara for all you do for us - you are a wonder of the world and thanks Rose for the placement hints!!Happy Knitting!!

Lucy [IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/loliwoli/catyawn.gif[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  5:50:50 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Clara,

No worries and no offence taken.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

krwabby@comcast.net
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile Send krwabby@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to this forum, and didn't see a topic I thought this would fit under. Looking for a conversion tool. Not mm to inch, but for this kind of conversion: for a pattern that says 15 stitches to 4 with size 10 needles, how many stitches could I expect to get if I use yarn that is gauged for 5.5 stitches to an inch with size 7 needles? What I'm looking for his how the needle size would be expected to change the # of stitches....any chart for that?
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  1:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for taking this in the spirit in which it was intended. I appreciate it!

krwabby - I would recommend posting your question in the General Technique Questions area. It is definitely not in the right place here, but I can't move a post within a post. I'm sorry. And generally speaking the only way you can tell what kind of gauge you're going to get with a yarn using different needles is by swatching. Because even when you do use the needles recommended on the label, your gauge may still be different.

Clara
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now, I'm scratching my head. I posted twice to the Continental Knitting thread yesterday, and neither of them appeared. If I didn't screw up and they were moved somewhere else, is there a way to do a term search to find them and see where they went? Thanks,

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Click on your own name which takes you to your profile page, and all the threads where you recently posted will be listed there. So if your post was moved, it would show up in the new place.
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  1:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are two posts in the "Switching to Continental" thread that you made 5/11. They're both on the second page. Are those the two you mean, or did you actually make 4?
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  7:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, those are the ones. Odd, I couldn't find them yesterday! Thanks!!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, do you mind if we call you our Mother Hen? Where would we be w/o you? Thanks to the zillionth and then some.

Margie

Silly Cone Valley, CA
I live in a crazy place -- I fit right in
Go to Top of Page

fiberlicious
Permanent Resident

1637 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  7:53:06 PM  Show Profile Send fiberlicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please don't call her Mother Hen. She's no dumb cluck.
Go to Top of Page

Bullmonty
Seriously Hooked

814 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  8:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bullmonty's Homepage Send Bullmonty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cluey chick?

http://designsbyhuileng.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Srigah
New Pal

Israel
33 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  02:25:48 AM  Show Profile Send Srigah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I read this...I just put an article in Introducing Yourself which is Clueless & Lost in a Blog which probably doesn't belong there. I'll be more careful. Srigah

quote:
Originally posted by Clara

Hi all,

The Random Knitting-Related Stuff section is intended for topics for which you can't find a home under the current forum structure. I realize this is a huge place, and that it's not immediately easy to fully fathom. Therefore I quite frequently come through this section and move topics to more appropriate areas.

This is not a mean-spirited move, nobody's getting their hand slapped, it's simply about putting content where it makes most sense. So if your post gets moved, please don't take it personally, and please understand that my intent is to keep this Random Knitting-Related Stuff section from becoming an endless dumping ground. Your post is not being intentionally relegated to the Gulag where nobody will see it. People read, fear not.

Thanks!

Clara

tf
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  12:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to worry Srigah! I moved your post.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher aka "Mother Clucker"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth