Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Record Users Online
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bbuttercup8
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile Send bbuttercup8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone notice a little while ago the record being set at 579 users.
About 90 members, but about 489 guests or lurkers.

Lisa

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I'm now a part of history!!

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."

I am no longer a blog virgin. Visit my new blog!!!
http://hissyknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:45:12 AM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes i did too, where r the members????
and are we adding more members who lose interest in chatting /// posting. it would be fun if we had more active members - added and they all chatted

shruti

My finished projects

My blog

Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  12:41:04 PM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like being part of one big party even if there are a lot of lurkers like me.

Vicki, the Chronic Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

kentuckyprrlgrrl
Chatty Knitter

189 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  1:14:53 PM  Show Profile Send kentuckyprrlgrrl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is just too cool!

Ky Prrl Grrl

Step away from the bubble wrap and no one gets hurt!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  1:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Totally cool!

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  1:58:19 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I'm gone for a day, sometimes I can't keep up with all that's gone on, and can't begin to read all the posts. If all those 489 lurkers became posters....ye gads! I'd never keep up!!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  3:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suspect many of those 489 "lurkers" were members who were reading without signing in first. when I first started using the board, I often didn't sign in until I saw a topic I wanted to repond to.

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  4:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed it too!!! WOW!!
Wish more would post and join us instead of lurking!
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  8:28:53 PM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's amazing! When I joined there were about 25,000, now I think we double that! And everyone is soooo nice.
Dicksie

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I lurked for about 3 months before joining in September last year - I haven't had so much fun in years and am so glad I joined eventually - so please come and join us if you are lurking out there !!Happy Chatting and Happy Knitting - Lucylocket[meow]

My Pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucicat/
Go to Top of Page

HiDiane
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  10:02:58 AM  Show Profile Send HiDiane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why are the numbers way up? Has Clara been written up in a magazine or mentioned on tv recently? Every time I come on now the numbers are two and three times what they were not long ago... Maybe it is just because this is SUCH a wonderful resource and Clara does such a superlative job? Thanks, Clara!

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  10:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea but I noticed this too. All I can figure is that, now that the forum is running more smoothly and efficiently, people aren't getting fed up and going away. I was also just featured on the Kathy and Steve Elkins' podcast, Ready-Set-Knit (Kathy and Steve are the owners of Webs in Northampton, Massachusetts). Could that have helped?

Whatever the reason, I'm delighted to see more folks here. When you're ready, I know you'll go the next step and delurk yourselves - but until then, have fun poking around!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  12:11:30 PM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i used to lurk too but that is so much of history. now first thing i do is log in and check out active topics

shruti

My finished projects

My blog

Go to Top of Page

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  12:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I lurked for almost two years before I even posted anything..now you can't shut me up :)

Come visit my blog...
http://fleeglesblog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suziew96
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  12:32:53 PM  Show Profile Send suziew96 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am one of the members who is guilty of not always bothering to log on unless I wanted to search or post something... part of it was due to sometimes everything seemed sooooo sloooooooooooooooo
so I'd just try to come back later...
it seems to be a lot faster now - kudos to whoever sped things up... knock on wood!

peace, JW
iphotos:http://web.mac.com/suziew96/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I so noticed the escalation- and in my cyber "Ignorance"- wondered why??

Kind of neat tho, Huh!! KL
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  04:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's partly because it's winter here, I think. And the Forum Outrage makes people check in more often just to make sure it's still here. And Clara is not only a Queen, but a Worldwide Knitting Superstar and Cashmere Expert. And maybe lots of people just have nothin' else to do...

I think it's great that more knitters are browsing the forums, as long as they remember they're Clara's guests, and as long as they don't want us to help them collect $15,000,000 on behalf of their dead father! [**]

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  1:34:06 PM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look again - we set another record this AM - 639!
Dicksie

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page

bbuttercup8
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  1:54:12 PM  Show Profile Send bbuttercup8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw it.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  2:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can we make 700?? Come on, let's do it!!

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.69 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by