Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Georgia Spinners?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KCShaw
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
393 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  12:10:33 PM  Show Profile Send KCShaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ahve searched here and can't get anything to come up for a Georgia Spinners Guild, anyone know if there is one?

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peachtree Handspinners Guild in the Atlanta area.
Go to Top of Page

Hulagirl
Chatty Knitter

174 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  12:17:44 AM  Show Profile Send Hulagirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Atlanta area has two groups - previously mentioned, Peachtree
Spinners....Dahlonega has a group as well and I think this is called the Gold Rush Spinners group. I know both groups, Peachtree meets on
the 3rd Sunday in Norcross, and I can tell you - living in Marietta,
it's 55+ miles one-way to get to where they meet...Dahlonega,tho,
is only about 50 miles from me but at least going North so traffic
is a lot lighter than going into Atl. If you want to pm me, I can
give you more info...

Also, Interweave website, Spinoff magazine doesn't list any guilds for GA....I sent them an email, and the response back from the
editor said that all guilds were notified LAST summer to update the records and no one from Georgia replied. Oh well!!
Michele in Marietta
Go to Top of Page

KCShaw
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
393 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  09:56:08 AM  Show Profile Send KCShaw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O ty Ill look them up!
Go to Top of Page

Hulagirl
Chatty Knitter

174 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile Send Hulagirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KCS....oh, I forgot one other guild in the Atl area.....Chattahoochee
handspinners. The HQ office for weavers/spinners, etc., is in Cumming, if you check the website - I think that the guilds are listed with them. Michele in Marietta
Go to Top of Page

Hulagirl
Chatty Knitter

174 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  2:40:57 PM  Show Profile Send Hulagirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KCS....oh, I forgot one other guild in the Atl area.....Chattahoochee
handspinners. The HQ office for weavers/spinners, etc., is in Cumming, if you check the website - I think that the guilds are listed with them. Michele in Marietta
Go to Top of Page

Susan in N. GA
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  09:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Susan in N. GA's Homepage Send Susan in N. GA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone near Rome, Ga? Would love to meet someone, take a class or two.

Blessings,
Susan in N. GA
Go to Top of Page

joker
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  05:18:03 AM  Show Profile Send joker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guild that gathers in North Georgia is called the North Georgia Handspinners Guild. It meets the 2nd Saturday of every month in the Hopewell United Methodist Church in Murrayville. However, 3 or 4 months a year they have special events and if that event falls on a meeting day, they just have a spin-in at the event. So, be sure to check with a member a week or so before the meeting to see where they are meeting. Here is a contact for you. lynn@wauka.com

It is a good group. I am a member but I am leaving the area for the next 8 months. I know that the meeting on August 11, 2007 is at the church. If you can get there about noon, people will be gathering in the fellowship hall. It is a small church so you won't have any trouble finding the group.

Jo Allmond
Go to Top of Page

kerenitha
New Pal

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  5:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit kerenitha's Homepage Send kerenitha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Peachtree Handspinners have moved to Decatur and meet on the third Saturday of every month now.

Not exactly sure when that happened, but there you have it.

:-)

snarkykatey.com
snarkyknitters.com
Go to Top of Page

blueyedquilter
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  3:37:40 PM  Show Profile Send blueyedquilter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KCShaw

I ahve searched here and can't get anything to come up for a Georgia Spinners Guild, anyone know if there is one?

Dear KCShaw...as you can see, this was posted a few years ago and the year is now 2011. I likewise am having a horrible time finding spinners, especially those with drop spindles, to which I am new. I currently live in S.E. Georgia. Was just wondering if you ever gained any ground with this question.
Blueyedquilter, a.k.a. Connie
Go to Top of Page

Pattyh
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2012 :  12:04:06 PM  Show Profile Send Pattyh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am recent to the Marietta area & spend most weekends in Tucker. I learned to spin in Washington, GA & have been to the John C. Campbell Folk School, so I have been around the country. I need a new wheel & just some companions/networking. Any new info on Atlanta guilds would be appreciated.

Patty S. Harber
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?