Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 Using the curse to my advantage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  11:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a male friend who would like to be more than friends and heavily alludes to that every time I talk to him. It's quite irritating, because he's not really listening when I tell him flat out I'm not interested. I'm wondering if making him a scarf of something will scare him off. I'm a little worried that if I take the time to make him something, he'll think he's more special than he really is, though, and it would backfire. It's a fun thought, though...

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  12:45:09 AM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't chance it if I were you - knowing my luck it would backfire and matters could get worse!!How well do you know him?My problem is I read too many whodunnits!! - Happy knitting - Lucylocket[meow]

My Pictures[http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucicat/]
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  01:20:50 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you flat out blunt with him? If so and he still bugs you, block his phone number and email.

http://www.femiknits.blog-city.com/knitting_for_canadian_troops.htm
http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  04:39:25 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't do it. Remember...Murphy's Law! It is a fun idea though. heehee

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

knitwitt
Seriously Hooked

USA
700 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  3:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitwitt's Homepage Send knitwitt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree - it is a wonderful thought, but it could backfire....
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  3:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't knit for him. Start talking about other guys you like, who are exactly the opposite of him.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

knancyknits
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit knancyknits's Homepage Send knancyknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it would totally backfire to knit for this guy- he's obviously a little clueless. Unless you knit him a noose...

Sometimes you have to just avoid guys like that so they get the idea. Any attention, even negative attention, is a hook for them. Steer clear of him if you really want him to stop putting the mack on.

www.knancyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  6:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit him some of those beat up animals that someone had posted a while back!

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  7:50:01 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remember, anytime a man refuses to acknowledge your "no," he's manipulating you.
Go read "The Gift of Fear" and knit *yourself* something nice. I hate creepy guys!
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  8:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, he's not creepy. We've been friends for several years, but now live on different sides of the country and really only communicate via instant messenger now. He hasn't quite accepted that change in our friendship and constantly tells me how much he misses me and can't wait to see me again, what he would do for me if he was near me (when I went through a fairly major breakup this summer), etc. I don't really miss him that much and honestly probably wouldn't make the effort to go see him if he wasn't already so close to where my parents live, but because we are friends I don't want to tell him that in quite those words. Eh. Boys. You're right, though, he's not worth wasting the yarn and time on. Someday I'll find one who's worth it!

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

springsteena
New Pal

16 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  1:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit springsteena's Homepage Send springsteena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's funny! A guy at my work is crazy about me even though I'm in a serious relationship. I primarily knit at home and he wants me to make something for him. My friends joke that he would probably take it as a sign that he wants me and build a shrine for whatever I knit.
Go to Top of Page

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  2:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit him a message into something...drop dead or go away would possibly be starters! LOL

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  9:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Start a project for yourself and make a big deal of how you are making something for someone very special in your life. Make it clear it is not for him. He doesn't need to know who will get it.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

[img]http://members.cox.net/blwinteler/th_TeamVegas2.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

msnellings
New Pal

29 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  10:08:47 PM  Show Profile Send msnellings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely don't knit anything for him. Any guy who wants to see affection would definitely read it into any time you put into a hand made gift!
Go to Top of Page

condith@yahoo.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  11:24:32 PM  Show Profile Send condith@yahoo.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[!]How about knitting a really feminine scarf to help him get a girl friend?
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  11:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't knit for him. He would definitely see it as more than just friendship.

The next time he talks to you about being more than friends, just tell you don't want to spoil your good friendship or that you simply will never think of him as more than a just a friend.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

J in Woking
New Pal

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  04:30:52 AM  Show Profile Send J in Woking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Noooo - don't knit for him! He'll certainly think it's a hint that you want him. They can't help themselves. If only there could be a man for me who's neither too aloof nor too 'in my face'. Unfortunately, I've yet to find him.
Go to Top of Page

megpearce52@hotmail.com
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  05:04:44 AM  Show Profile Send megpearce52@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, no one thousand times no, I don't believe this curse would work in reverse. Lets face it, he seems already semi-smitten, doing such a personal thing as knitting him something will only encourage him.
Go to Top of Page

abuzeus@aol.com
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  05:57:38 AM  Show Profile Send abuzeus@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Don't do it! He will think he finally got you to see the light and that you are interested. You will have him forever!
Go to Top of Page

Tori0611
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  06:01:10 AM  Show Profile Send Tori0611 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since you don't want to hurt his feelings, how about..."I only have room for one love in my life right now... KNITTING" hehe

tori in WV
Go to Top of Page

materavis
New Pal

40 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  08:15:47 AM  Show Profile Send materavis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like the message not to knit for him is loud and clear. But you still need to do something about the guy. Like tell him the excess attention is wrecking your friendship and he has to back off or end the relationship. If he really cares, he'll want you to feel comfortable, not pressured.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?