Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Hats, Gloves, and Mittens
 Need a Muff pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  11:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a knitted muff? I'm thinking of Victorian ladies here. This is to be a gift for a friend whose birthday is quickly approaching (and is interested in all things Victorian/Edwardian, belongs to a tea society etc.) so the pattern probably should be realtively simple. Thanks!

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  12:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a beautiful muff pattern in Poetry in Stitches by Solveig Hisdahl. What it lacks in simplicity, it makes up for in sheer beauty and ingenuity. Sarah.
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  4:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know if there is a photo somewhere? I looked on Amazon because I presumed (perhaps that was my first mistake) that "Poetry in Stitches" is a book. There was no listing. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  5:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitty's summer 06 issue had a muff pattern named, appropriately, "muff."
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  1:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I actually was looking for something a little more classic since it's for such a Victorian lady.
Go to Top of Page

kcholm
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile Send kcholm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fiber Trends has a pattern for a hat and muff. The muff is made of eyelash and looks like a classic fur muff.
Kirsten
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  9:03:15 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a search for the author and found the book here: http://www.nordicfiberarts.com/poetryinstitches.html

The muff can be seen here: http://www.nordicfiberarts.com/pis_kitpages/130muff.html

pieheart

Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams - The Dilbert Principle
blog: http://museknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW Thanks everyone. Those muffs are gorgeous. I think I'll have to order the instructions for both of them.
Go to Top of Page

Kay Bejarana
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  09:18:19 AM  Show Profile Send Kay Bejarana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a muff pattern. My daughter does Victorian outings in Durango, CO and she would like one to wear when out on the street in winter.

Anyone have a pattern?

Kay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.