Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 How can I see what's new since I last visited?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  1:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
The forums are huge and getting bigger by the day. Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to keep track of what's new and what has been changed since you last visited the forum.

You can easily see which threads have changed since you’ve read them by scanning down the page. The purple folders represent new posts, the yellow folders represent "old" posts.

But the best way to determine which posts are most recent is to use the "Active Topics" feature.

To use "Active Topics" feature, simply click on those words at the top right of your screen. This will automatically filter out any posts which have not been updated since you last visted the forums, and only show you those that have.

You can then use the drag-down menu just to the right above the forum listing to have the forum refresh at a routine most appropriate for your needs, or use the drag down menu to the left above the forum listing to look at posts that have updated within a time frame that is most convenient to you.

In addition to this, you can refresh the screen yourself, telling the system that you’ve read all the posts you care to read at this time by clicking the small bi-colored folder on the top left of the post listings. This will turn all the purple ("new") posts to yellow ("old") and thereby take them off your active topics list.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?