Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 How do I post?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
After you've had some time to familiarize yourself with the forums, you may be eager to jump in and share your thoughts and views with the group. Posting is easy.

There are two basic ways to post: Either you can start a new thread, or you can reply to an existing one.

Before you start a new thread, I encourage you to review all the sections and look in the section where your comment would be most appropriate. See if someone else has already started a thread on this topic. If so, please please please add your comments to that post. Instead of having nine parallel conversations about the same thing, it's so much more powerful to have all the thoughts and ideas in one spot.

SO, if you've looked around and haven't found a previous post on the topic, simply find the section where you think your post is most appropriate. Click on that section name -- for example Introduce Yourself or Stuck on a Pattern.

Now you're in that section, and that's where you can click the "New Topic" link. (You can't create a New Topic from the forum homepage -- you have to be within a specific section.) Follow the prompts, fill in the fields, hit "Preview" to make sure everything looks ok, and when you're ready, hit "Post New Topic."

If you realize you've made a mistake, you can always go back and edit your post. Just look for the pencil and paper icon next to your thread title. After someone has replied to your post, you cannot delete it.

Sometimes I'll find a post that's totally in the wrong section -- perhaps a "help I'm stuck with this pattern!" post in the Introduce Yourself section, when it really should go in Stuck on a Pattern. In those cases, I will take the liberty of moving your post to the appropriate section.

To find your recent posts, simply click on your name in the Active Users bar along the top of the forum homepage. That'll show all your most recent topics, and you'll be able to locate the missing post there.

If, instead of starting a whole new conversation, you'd like to add your two cents to an existing thread, simply hit the "Reply to topic" within that thread and follow the same prompts. You can also use the quick reply function at the bottom of each page within a thread.

One final note: You need to be a registered member and logged in, and your browser needs to be set up to allow a KR Forum cookie, in order to post. Without that cookie, the forum has no way of maintaining state with you - which means no matter how hard you try to log in, it'll keep not recognizing you.

Have fun!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.