Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knit Picks "Options" needles?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  09:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OY! I'll fix it now.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Linnet
Warming Up

78 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  09:56:01 AM  Show Profile Send Linnet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceecee

Linnet,
Have you tried popping the 5 stitches on a crochet hook and pulling the working yarn through? Be careful to work all the stitches - I had a problem once with a multiple decrease (done the regular way) where I accidentally missed one of the stitches - and did not realize it until much later because it was kid mohair.

That's a great idea, ceecee! I'll try that, too. It's a super bulky yarn that sticks to all of the needles that I've used so far. Fast knit my foot! I'm hoping the sleek, pointy tips of these needles will do the job. Now I just need to figure out what to do with all these other size 17 needles. [:00]
Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  11:36:42 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My needles came yesterday. I absolutely love them. I went to KP to order the larger size tips and cords, and they are SOLD OUT!! I guess we are all buying these things up like mad.
Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My needles in sizes 0-3 came today. Clara's review, as always, is right on!

I ordered 32" circs for magic loop and lace shawls. I'm really impressed with the cords and tips. Clara's right, the cords do feel a little flimsy. They give one the feeling that they'll stretch or break, but I gave them a few tugs and they're quite sturdy. I love the fluid, pliable feeling that the cords have. I think that they'll work well for ml. As Clara said in her review, the only complaint is that the cords aren't at least 40".

I know that I'll really enjoy using these, and when the 40" and longer are released, I'll buy those too.

Thanks again for a great review, Clara! They are always thoughtful and informative. I don't think that I'd be a successful knitter without KR.

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

bfaye
Seriously Hooked

USA
721 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  8:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaye's Homepage Send bfaye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received my Knitpicks needles today and I really like them. I got the $59.99 case set and some additonal envelopes and cables. I do wish they were marked for size and had an option for a 16" cable. I think I will use the triple pages for needle storage and mark the sizes with a Sharpie on the envelope.
Benne
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  11:25:19 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got mine today, totally unexpected. I thought I wuldn't get them for a while. Maybe it's just the full kits they are getting sold out on. I just got a size 3 regular, some cables and some size 4 and 5 tips. I played a little with the size 3 - wow that cable is soft! I think I'm going to really like them.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered my circs for magic loop and maybe some lace. I cast some Zephyr onto the size 3 today to knit a gauge swatch. Wow, if you don't need these needles for anything else, they are perfect for lace. My Inox Greys will be going into storage and will be replaced by the KP brand. The points, join and cable are made for lace knitting. I'm even going to order a few more in the smaller sizes for other lace WIP's.

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

KnittingCommuter
Chatty Knitter

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  05:49:56 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingCommuter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently they aren't as backed up with shipping as I thought they would be. I ordered sizes 6, 7 and 11 on the 26th, and they shipped the 27th. Thought I would have a much longer wait. Can't wait to try them.

Ducky's Mom
Go to Top of Page

barbmccall@alltel.net

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  06:06:54 AM  Show Profile Send barbmccall@alltel.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Length of needle tipw:
I measured my Denise tips against the Boye Needlemaster tips and they are the same length with the exception of the size 11, 13 and 15. In the Denise set and the older Boye's these three sizes were about 1/2 inch longer than the smaller sized tipe. Boye has now shortened these larger tips in their newer sets so that all the tips are the same length.
I have long wondered why Boye hasn't made both longer and shorter cables as that is where the market seems to be.
If any of you have the old Susan Bates interchangeable sets, they used a much longer screw than the Boye Needlemaster and that longer screw made the joins more stable (resistant to coming apart). My OPtions set has not yet arrived, but I wonder if Knit Picks used the longer Susan Bates screw connection as a model.
Go to Top of Page

Fivefibers
Permanent Resident

USA
1131 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  7:04:14 PM  Show Profile Send Fivefibers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered a 5 and a 7 with extra cables on Thursday. I love the colored cables and wouldn't mind it if it was possible to order different colors when ordering! Nothing like color to perk things up.

I don't see any problem with waiting another week or two for an order. I mean, it's not like I don't have anything to do! I'll just schlep along with what I have, feeling dejected all the while.... (sniff). Maybe I'll go out back and eat worms.... or something.

I don't believe Knitpicks selling of these needles is going to make any big difference to anyone's LYS. I will always buy online when I can. No driving (save gas AND time); items delivered in a timely manner; no surly store sales people! Knitpicks seems like nice folks. I just don't like the fact that I have to sign in with a name and password just to give them an order; and THEN have to give them a credit card number. Again. Once should be enough. Other than that, I'm fine.[crazy]

How are you?

Fivefibers
2sheep; 3goats; 5bunnies
(so far)
Go to Top of Page

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fivefibers I hear you.

After reading all these posts and always wishing I could have needles with even softer cords I went ahead and placed an order last night via their website.

Of course I couldn't remember my user name and password so I had to open a new account. After placing the order I didn't get a confirmation as promised so this morning I called to confirm whether they got the order. I was surprised to find that the woman who answered the phone didn't seem too thrilled about helping me. She answered my questions and wasn't rude (and I wasn't rude to her) but I could tell she was either having a bad day or wasn't too thrilled about her job. She just wasn't very pleasant.

I finally got an e-mail after calling but when I check the website, it doesn't show the status of my order.

All of this is surprising since I've mostly heard good things about this company.

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  03:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my 2 needles, and cords/ size markers, on friday!! I lOVE the points on these. Not an absolute fan of anything but wood, but are loving these@!!!
off to order more.
and yes, I had gotten an email stating my order, and saying they were backorderd, but wuold be here in approx. 2 weeks, that was a week ago.
sherry

www.xanga.com/bears2share
Go to Top of Page

leelee bugs
New Pal

36 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  06:54:34 AM  Show Profile Send leelee bugs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am feeling quite enabled - this forum is dangerous!!! I've been knitting for less than a year and already have two sets of bamboo needles and a Boye's set. I got all these at fairly reasonable prices on ebaY - which, of course, justifies these purchases! I think that I *need* a set of the Knit Picks interchangeables. Don't you agree?
Go to Top of Page

latoyadenise@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 07/04/2006 :  11:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit latoyadenise@yahoo.com's Homepage  Send latoyadenise@yahoo.com a Yahoo! Message Send latoyadenise@yahoo.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think its a grand idea that KnitPicks has these needles! I wish they were in existence about 2 years ago. The Denise needles I have always end up coming apart when I'm in the middle of a project. They seem to untwist as I knit.

Great to see the knitting world progressing forward!
Latoya

Check out what I'm knitting: http://2sticksandastring.blogspirit.com/
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  2:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fivefibers

I'll just schlep along with what I have, feeling dejected all the while.... (sniff). Maybe I'll go out back and eat worms.... or something.

How are you?

Fivefibers
2sheep; 3goats; 5bunnies
(so far)

are you my long lost sibling???

eating worms....
schlepping.....

are you going to sing the worm song and wail 'no body loves me'

( I would you know......... I would be sing THAT at the top of my lungs)

hahahahah

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  3:00:13 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just cast on the Lotus Blossom Tank using my new Knit Picks needles (size 6) and the small cord. I honestly can't tell the difference between these and Addis. They are incredibly light and the cable is terrific. The point is a bit sharp, but I'm getting used to it. I bought the set, and will go back and order some of the longer cords. I'm very happy with this investment. I like these much better than my Denise set, but will probably hold on to it just in case.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knitterpls3
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  08:13:19 AM  Show Profile Send knitterpls3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered them in late June and was also surprised by the speed I received my set of Options. I agree that the needles are close enough to Addis to happily work with these for some time.

I just wanted to send a bit of caution about the case. I find it much too bulky and heavy for my taste. I got out the kitchen scale - it's 1 lb 2 oz - and I find its weight and size really take from the convenience of having a full set of needles of you. I'm returning the case, finding some zipper bag for the needles and cables and putting whatever I get back into more cables and needles.
Go to Top of Page

bigeyeblue
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  5:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit bigeyeblue's Homepage Send bigeyeblue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suecq, he's a keeper!!!

Eleni

http://www.holyknitbatman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  7:09:19 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received my dpn's today and love them. They are a bit weightier than I'm used to, but oh those points are lovely. I'll adjust!!!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  11:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered a 47" cable and #11 needles and they came today. The flexibility of the cable is awesome! And I can't believe how pointy the tip is. I guess I'll just have to scrounge up something to knit with it. <sigh> [:00]

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?