Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knit Picks "Options" needles?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

kkehrig
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  2:04:04 PM  Show Profile Send kkehrig a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a set of Options cables. One was milled too narrow and would not attach to the needle. The other has a rough join to the wire. They are sending me a replacement, but I wish they did some quality control before sending them out. Sigh.
Go to Top of Page

Begonia03
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  5:41:12 PM  Show Profile Send Begonia03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Used an Amex Christmas present and treated myself to a set. Love, absolutely love the cables. As far as the points, I already pre-bandage my right index finger (learned from my Addi's) when sitting down for some quality knit time. All my cable screws are fine (ordered extra cables with the set) and I absolutely adore the joins (working on Annie Modesitt lace shawl from Vogue Winter).
Go to Top of Page

carolinagal
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2007 :  2:55:21 PM  Show Profile Send carolinagal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After reading all the posts here about the OPtions needles, I ordered a set for myself on Sun. Today is Thursday and I just found them outside on my front porch!WOW! I didn't expect them so soon! Can't wait to try them out! Thanks for all the information on them!
Go to Top of Page

threadnut
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  06:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit threadnut's Homepage Send threadnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK - Please help;

I have the OPTIONS SET in my 'shopping basket' as we speak.
I'll wait exactly 30 minutes for someone/s to either talk me out of it or encourage me.

I have had it with:
snagged and kinked cables
too-short or too-long cables for the project in my hand
too-blunt points for lace and other fun stitches
doggie-chewed bamboos
bamboos that drag even without the doggie-chew
not having exactly what I want when I want it - and I usually want A LOT!

And
I just had knee surgery and I need something to keep me off my feet (now that's probably one of the most pathetic, self-serving excuses to get my own way hat I've made up in quite some time!)

So - the clock is ticking - enablers welcome.

Go to Top of Page

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having had 14 knee surgeries, I know there is nothing self-serving about treating yourself at this time. I hope you are back on your feet soon (with Options needles still in hand, of course :) )

Come visit my blog...
http://fleeglesblog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceecee
Permanent Resident

1896 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  07:40:42 AM  Show Profile Send ceecee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
threadnut,
You do deserve a pick-me-up after your surgery so go for it! I didn't get the entire set, only several pairs in the smaller sizes and the 40 inch cables but I'm very pleased with them and they've been in constant use. As you may have read from the numerous previous posts, Kntipicks has been responsive to problems. I haven't had any with mine. They may help you feel better when you get to work with them!
Go to Top of Page

threadnut
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  08:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit threadnut's Homepage Send threadnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! - 14 knee surgeries!
You must do an incredible amount of knitting! (and a lot of blogging)

Since I've moved back my 30 minute deadline waiting for responses (I warned you that I am VERY impatient and self-serving) - I've added several longer length cables to the order and will finalize the order.

Certainly with these needles on the way my UFOs and WIPs with attached cables will resurface and I'll be amazed at all needles and stuff that I've forgotten.

The KP order will probably arrive the same day as my daughter's baby dragon and turtle. What will play with first??
Go to Top of Page

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  08:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to the knee surgeries, I also had 3 hip surgeries. Believe it or not, I am perfectly recovered, can walk for miles, and have zero discomfort. But I had a fantastic surgeon. These all happened about nine years ago, anyway. Ancient history.

Never had much impact on my knitting. Thank heavens it wasn't arm surgery!

Come visit my blog...
Go to Top of Page

threadnut
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  08:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit threadnut's Homepage Send threadnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I placed the order so now I'm ready to hit the couch with my 2 dogs, several projects, a carafe of hot coffee and an old-movie channel (doesn't get much better than this on a dreary Saturday!)
Go to Top of Page

yarnspeaktome
Chatty Knitter

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  09:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnspeaktome a Yahoo! Message Send yarnspeaktome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been using my Options for quite some time and love them. Today I noticed that something was snagging the stitches to the scarf I'm practicing on. I'm currently learning to do multiple strand knitting without getting tangled.

I noticed that the cable was coming out of the joint alittle. I heard that this happened to a couple of KRF members. Called Knitpicks and they're sending me a new set of 24 inch cables. Customer service has been great with me in the past.

Quality control may still be an issue, but since I have spare cables to work with while I wait for the replacements....the inconvience doesn't bother me.

Funny, I never pull on the cables nor yank on the needles to move stitches up or down.

Elsie W
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  8:07:59 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They announced that they are adding larger size DPNs in response to demand. So let's see if they will add other things that we really need:

16 inch circulars, in classic form if necessary
40 inch classic circulars in sock sizes
Paypal processing option

Anything else?

If we all email and ask for these things it may have an impact.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

Jaimed
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  10:29:21 AM  Show Profile Send Jaimed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
achrisvet i agree especially if they would add 16 inch to the kit.
Go to Top of Page

LI Craftgal
Gabber Extraordinaire

382 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  9:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit LI Craftgal's Homepage Send LI Craftgal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I ordered one circular to start and will see from there. I like the idea that I can attatch the life line to the needle as I work. But I really like the addis too. I dont like crytal palace at all.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

linann
Warming Up

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Send linann a Yahoo! Message Send linann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had my set of Options for nearly 6 months now. They are my "go to" needle now.

I like being able to switch the needles as needed while my work remains resting on the cable.

I wish that case they offer was a bit large, length and width wise. It has become quite bulky and hard to get closed.

I usually only knit socks on my bamboo dps but am going to order a set of their new dps and give them a try.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:57:59 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent them a suggestion email and got a nice response thanking me for my input and saying they would consider my suggestions. So if there is something you would like to see, do write them. If they get enough requests for the same thing they may add it to their line.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

carolinagal
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  2:12:42 PM  Show Profile Send carolinagal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my options needles in 4 days. Checked them out as suggested by others in this forum and found 4 pairs were faulty. Called Knitpicks and they suggested cleaning them with rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip. It helped some on 2 pair, but not the other two. Called Knitpicks again, and they are replacing all 4 pair. Was very impressed with customer service!
Go to Top of Page

BrianaNE
Warming Up

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  09:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrianaNE's Homepage Send BrianaNE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'd love to buy the Knitpicks set but have a problem with the cable lengths, I'd love a 16" cable. I was thinking that I could order a 24" and cut them and melt the two ends together, I found the direction on the internet about how to do this seamlessly.
Anyone who owns these needles here think that the cables are just normal materials, like other cables? Or are they a different type of material?
Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallyhobriana/
Go to Top of Page

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  09:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where did you find that information? I'd love to do a meltdown on some of my cords.

Come visit my blog...
Go to Top of Page

knitwitt
Seriously Hooked

USA
700 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  12:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitwitt's Homepage Send knitwitt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I succumbed as well. Ordered the basic set, and some extras. *sigh* But I suppose it was inevitable. :) Can't wait to see them in person!

--Jennifer

http://impatientknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

TKnitter
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2007 :  7:48:16 PM  Show Profile Send TKnitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to do socks on two circular needles from Knitpicks. What size do I buy? 1, 2, or 3 and which size cables? I am a newbie to knitting and will probably take a sock class if I can find one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?