Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knit Picks "Options" needles?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  4:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered the set and some 13 and 15 needles as well... I can't wait to get them!! I love my addi's, but with both my daughter and I knitting it wasn't hard to justify (Plus I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket!!)

Janice

http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnspeaktome
Chatty Knitter

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  8:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnspeaktome a Yahoo! Message Send yarnspeaktome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wanda,

If you have alittle trouble undoing the attachment after soaping; soak the join in running hot tap water to melt the soap. Just in case but I doubt you will need to.

Elsie[meow]
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  1:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered the Options set yesterday. I checked the order today and they said that they have been shipped. I figure that I should have them by the end of the week! I am so excited!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  2:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Elsie, I tried the soap last night and didn't have a problem with the needle.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered mine on 8/3 and got them today! So much for 7 - 14 day backorder! I love them! They all seem to screw into the cables fine. I did have to blow out one of the size 11. I'm glad I was reading here and heard about that. Of course, now I want to cast on something...... but then I always feel that way.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  08:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you mean by blowing out? Any particular thing to use for that?
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  09:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is menitioned somewhere in this post about if you have trouble screwing the needle to the cable then if you blow into the end of the needle it has helped with attaching the needle to the cable.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

susanner
Gabber Extraordinaire

400 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  11:12:07 AM  Show Profile Send susanner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like circulars that have longer needle portions. I knit pretty loose and hold the the needle further back than a lot of people. When it's too short, my hand gets cramped up.

Can you guys tell me how long the actual needle portion is? How does it compare with your addis or other circulars? Thanks.

Susanne
Go to Top of Page

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  11:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by susanner

I like circulars that have longer needle portions. I knit pretty loose and hold the the needle further back than a lot of people. When it's too short, my hand gets cramped up.

Can you guys tell me how long the actual needle portion is? How does it compare with your addis or other circulars? Thanks.

Susanne

Susanne, the needles are on the short side. I have always prefered the longer needles in the past, but for me it was because I felt that the stitches moved along of their own accord more easily. The join on these is very smooth, and I have not had this problem. I really like being able to switch cable sizes mid project as my stitch count decreases -- I am working on a triangular shawl & approaching the end. Sarah.
Go to Top of Page

susanner
Gabber Extraordinaire

400 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  1:31:39 PM  Show Profile Send susanner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darn, that's too bad about the needle length. I have a lot of pinched nerve/arthritis/shoulder problem issues on my right arm and the short needles aggravate it. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for that information. It's very helpful. Guess I won't be joining the party.

Susanne
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered my Options set on Monday and received them on Friday. I was very pleased with them. Right away I tried all the needles on the cables and did not have any problems.

I can't wait to start my first project using them. Right now, I have a Booga bag OTN using Addi Turbos. I like the Addi's a lot and am hoping the Knit Pick ones are just as good.

I got the Options set because it did seem a lot cheaper than buying the Addi Turbos in all the sizes. I am pretty sure that my LYS would have loved that.

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  10:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used my Options needles over the weekend to make a booga bag and a fling bag and absolutely loved them! The point is just a little sharper than my Addi's (which I have also loved!!) which made doing the stockinette stitch a little easier (I've always struggled a bit with knitting after a purl row) The options needle made it so easy.
I think I am going to have to order a few more cables because I can easily see using these for everything!!
When you compare how much ONE set of Addi turbos are, this set is a GREAT deal!!

Janice

http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

princess76
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  7:47:10 PM  Show Profile Send princess76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been using my set for a week now. I love them. I had a problem with one of my 32" cables- it came undone at the join. KnitPicks sent me another set of 32" cables for free. They arrived today. I love KnitPicks!
Go to Top of Page

Jerri
New Pal

38 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  1:57:56 PM  Show Profile Send Jerri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started knitting on the needles with the 24" cable that came with my set. After a half hour of knitting the cable came out of the metal connector. I emailed Knit Picks and they are sending a new cable right away and appoligized for the problem. You half to love good service!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  2:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jerri, Glad to hear that KP is sending you a new cable so quickly.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

HomekeepingGran
Seriously Hooked

614 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  11:08:50 AM  Show Profile Send HomekeepingGran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started yesterday with one of my new KPs. I really, really like this needle. Slick surface, pointy tips, smooth join and the cable doesn't stay kinked forever! Now, if only they will do two things for me: start making smaller sized needles, too, and... color-code the cable lengths!

Blessings,
Carla

She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands... Proverbs 31:13
Go to Top of Page

CountryPerson
New Pal

31 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile Send CountryPerson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still consider myself a fairly new knitter, and after reading the posts on this thread about KnitPicks; I ordered a set, and they are just as nice as everyone has been saying. I am very glad that I went ahead and "took the plunge" because it's obvious to me, that these are going to be my favorites. Thanks to all of you who wrote comments about them.
If there's a "KP club" to join, Ill join it!

Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Sabrina
Chatty Knitter

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  12:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sabrina's Homepage Send Sabrina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far so good. I've only swatched some KnitPicks Shine Sport. Can't wait to pick a project and really give these a workout.
Go to Top of Page

bftscgirl
Chatty Knitter

231 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  12:03:01 AM  Show Profile Send bftscgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered my set and all of the longer length cords on Monday and my order is still being processed. How did you all get so lucky to get your orders moving along. I really really really want my needles now. lol. This is my 2nd (kinda) time I have ordered from Knitpicks. The first time I was trying to get the Denise set on sale for that sweet low price of $24.99. That time they had my order processing for two weeks and then they sent me an email saying my order was cancelled because the did not have any more sets. I was really upset about it and really I felt the could have told me that two days in insted of two weeks. So Knitpicks and I are not starting off so well.[:((] I wish something would get moving with this.

Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  11:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my set in a couple of days. I just got done knitting a dishcloth with some Italian cotton and I absolutely fell in love with this set. I just placed an order today for the larger needles that didn't come with the set. I also ordered a few more cables. I can't wait for them to arrive. I am definitely hooked on these needles. I can't decide which I like more my Addi turbos or the KPs, I like them both. But the KPs are definitely cheaper and within my budget. I am thinking about getting the smaller ciruclars also so I have all sizes and I am ready for just about anything.
~Ana
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.