Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Lawrence, KS Knitting Get Together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  10:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where do ya live at knittagirl? Occasionally, we have get togethers in Ottawa (about 30 minutes away from Lawrence) at 7:30 P to 9 ish....But this Wednesday will be the last one for awhile....so we could try sumpin' different if that doesnt work for ya =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

knittagirl
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2007 :  8:43:46 PM  Show Profile Send knittagirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in lawrence...don't want to drive much so I prefer in town..thats not too far though...where do you meet in ottawa?
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  06:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We meet at Potters Wheel (Coffeehouse)on 1st and main - its on the left hand side as you come into town from Lawrence. If you need directions, or if ya cant make it - just PM me. We can always try another day during the week in Lawrence =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  4:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Egads....what scarey weather! =/ Knittagirl, I know the gal who is in charge of the Ottawa get togethers will be there - but not yet sure I will be, cuz of the weather. I think a couple of other gals will brave it, so you wont be the only one there if you go. Just ask for a gal named Audrey if you do go! Just message here or PM me if are unable to go and we can figger out another time during the week to go in Lawrence!

Take care =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  10:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder ...... we have a get together this Sunday the 4th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence. Hope to see some new faces! =)

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  10:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our next knitting get together is Saturday, February 24th at 9 A to 11 A at Borders in Lawrence.

Hope to see some new faces! =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

cynphilenet@hotmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  06:54:14 AM  Show Profile Send cynphilenet@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rats I can't make it that Saturday, I have a grandchild [meow]scheduled for that weekend. Hopefully next time I'll be able to come, enjoyed meeting everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  7:26:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to reschedule the next get together, and schedule the next couple after that - since I am in a very productive mood tonight lol

RESCHEDULED - Saturday, February 24th at 9 AM at Borders will now be:
Sunday, February 25th at 2 PM at Borders

Next scheduled for:
Sunday, March 4th at 2 PM at Borders

And the third scheduled for:
Saturday, March 10th at 3:30 PM at Miltons

Do you think you could come on Sunday then Cynthia? It was really great getting to meet ya! I hope you can make it to another get together soon! By the way, anyone is more than welcome - so if your grandchild is interested in knitting at all - have him/her come along with ya!

By the way, I love your quote =) I am not a coffee drinker, but I live with one - so I can relate lol

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  8:07:45 PM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In answer to Lisa's question, the Knit-Lites run about $16 at Michaels, but if you use the 40% off coupon in the ad, you can get them for considerably less. Michaels also sells the batteries, but the pair we've been using at the store for the last several months are still going strong. Unless you are planning an all-nighter or taking them on vacation, you would probably be fine just holding out to buy a new set of batteries until the needles start dimming a little.

Since I've managed to miss the last 2 meetings, am I correct in thinking that the next one is on the 17th or 18th? My work schedule has lightened up a little, so my chances of actually getting to meet all of you have improved. I promise to bring my Knit-Lites so you can see them. I've also started a pair of socks. I have to keep referring to them as a pair, or I'm afraid I will get one done and quit. I may need some support to keep the mind-set going till both are done. Look forward to meeting you at last.

Nancy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  10:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on the Knit-Lites Nancy! =) I am gonna have to get me some, as I am sure they would come in handy. Its actually been a little while since my last trip to Michaels - I think its a perfect time to go, since I am starting to get a list of things I need/want. Or maybe it isnt lol Just as long as I bring the 40 percent coupon I suppose!

And actually, we do not have another get together until the 25th at Borders at 2 PM. Several of us are gonna be out of town and/or busy - so we are scheduled for the weekend after. Do you think you will be able to come? It would be great to get to meet ya! =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  10:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poo-bah! I'm doing a Bridal/Prom Expo thingie on the 25th. Come by later in the evening; I might have leftover cake! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  4:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bummer! =/ I just may have my cardigan done by then and you wont get to see it *sigh* I know.....I say that every time almost lol

Have fun!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  1:07:13 PM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mackeila, for getting the next few dates scheduled. I have them in my book now, and may actually get to come to one or two of them. At the very least, the 25th is looking strongly possible. Will bring Knit-Lites and socks (plural!!) under construction. Can't wait to meet all of you after reading the posts all these weeks!
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  9:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will be great to meet ya as well!! =) I may be biased, but I think we have a great group of gals. So I am sure you will have a great time!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  6:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder......our next get together is this Sunday the 25th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence =) Hope to see ya'all there!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  12:42:05 PM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks more and more like I will be able to finally meet you all on the 25th. In the meantime, I have been busy talking to knitters here in Baldwin City, and am trying to set up a knitting group here. Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, March 6, at 6:00-ish. We will be meeting at Espress Yourself, the coffee shop on High Street, so there will be plenty of caffeine and chocolate, as well as healthy foods and beverages. Also comfy couches and a pleasant setting. I love holding meetings there, and the owner is excited to have us. There used to be a knitting group in town, but not for the last 15 years or so. Some of the old knitters are still around and response has been positive. I will have a notice in our local paper next week, and will be putting up flyers at the usual local spots. Our quilt shop carries a small stock of yarns, including self-striping acrylic for socks. I am trying to talk the shop owner into joining the group, too. She is a real nice lady, and could use a little unstressed girl time. After the first meeting, I will have a better idea of how often we will meet and whether the meetings will stay on Tuesdays.

In my spare time, I am now about 2/3 of the way through my first pair of socks (note the continued plural mind-set!). Turned the heel and started on the foot over the weekend. I'm looking forward to having something to show on Sunday. See you then.

Nancy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  4:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to meet ya Nancy!! =) Thanks a bunch for bringing the Knit-Lites, too. I am gonna have to quit talking about it and invest in some sometime! Let Susie (if I remember her name right) know we are glad she was able to join, too. We hope you both can continue coming to our get togethers!

Your get together in March in Baldwin sounds fun - chocolate, caffeine and knitting. Who could ask for anything more? lol I will have to mention it to the other gals on Sunday the 4th. I know its always nice to have the option to go during the week too if ya like =) Hope you are making progress on your socks!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  08:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow.....Tomorrowwww....there is knitting Tomorowww.....Tomorrow is just a dayyyy awayyyyy

Sorry! Had to do that! lol All goofiness aside, we are having a knitting get together tomorrow at Borders in Lawrence at 2 PM. Anyone is more than welcome to show up! If ya can't make it, here are a couple of our future dates we plan to get together:

Saturday, March 10th - Miltons in Lawrence - 3:30 PM
Sunday, April 1st - Borders in Lawrence - 2 PM

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

wannabeknitter
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  10:58:42 PM  Show Profile Send wannabeknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where exactly is Lawrence KS??
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  4:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie!! =)

Lawrence would probably be about a 45 minute drive from Leavenworth (K7 to K10 or K7 to I70). I noticed you made a post on get togethers in Leavenworth....if ya can't find anyone, we can try meeting at my house in Shawnee, Kansas - which would cut the drive down to about 35 minutes for ya =)

I would be surprised if there wasn't someone who knits there, tho! We have a gal from Lansing, KS that occasionally joins us - but she is fairly new at knitting, so I am not sure.

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth