Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Lawrence, KS Knitting Get Together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

haleighanna
New Pal

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  2:04:33 PM  Show Profile Send haleighanna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I can't make it on 11/12--we're having a big football party. I will get there someday!

haleighanna
Go to Top of Page

e_looped
Seriously Hooked

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  2:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit e_looped's Homepage Send e_looped a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of you are making me want to move back to Lawrence. If there were two public libraries in town, I guarantee you we'd be there in a heartbeat. Someday I hope to move back. Ten years ago when I graduated from KU I couldn't wait to leave and a year later, I definitely missed it.

erica :)
leetle knits blog
Join the Midwest Knitters' Blog Ring
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  8:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem haleighanna....I bet your football party is gonna be fun! What team are you a fan of? =)

So do you have family that still lives in the Lawrence area Erica?

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  06:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder, our next get together is this Sunday the 12th at Borders in Lawrence. Hope to see some new faces! :-D

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  2:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Due to Turkey day coming up, our next one isn't scheduled until Saturday, December 16th at 10 A at Borders in Lawrence. I hope to impress everyone with finishing up my cardigan and scarf by then tho lol After going to Hobby Lobby and the Yarn Store on 80th today, I *need* an excuse to buy more yarn =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a heads up....our next one is being rescheduled for December 17th instead of the 16th. It will still be at Borders in Lawrence, altho we will be meeting at 2 PM instead of 10 AM.

Hope to see some new faces! =)

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  12:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder......our next get together is this Sunday the 17th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence. You can find us back in the cafe area =) Anyone is more than welcome to join us!

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  11:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to see everyone as usual! =) Next one is scheduled for Saturday, January 13th at 3:30 PM at Milton's in Lawrence. Just PM me if you need directions to Miltons or have any questions.

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  6:34:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BUMP =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  1:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Due to the weather being nasty, I am gonna reschedule for Saturday, January 27th. Same place and time (Miltons in Lawrence at 3:30 P.)

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  08:06:58 AM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, girls! I am a knitter in Baldwin City, and have been looking for a knitting group. I teach knitting and other classes at Michaels in Lawrence, and enjoy sitting and knitting with my students. But it would be real nice to enjoy the sitting and knitting and chatting without having also be "on" to teach. Do you have room for a visitor/new member? I think I'm working on the 27th, but would love to try the meeting after that, if you wouldn't mind. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Nancy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2007 :  3:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure! =) We always have room for new members! We are actually meeting up with another knit group in Lawrence on the 27th. We generally try to have ours on a Sunday, usually. But, speaking for both groups, I know having you join would be more than welcome! How long have ya been knitting? You sound more of a pro at it than I am lol

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:22:09 AM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mom taught me to knit when I was 5, so I've been knitting off and on for 47 years. I don't remember getting that old, but time flies when the needles fly! I've been teaching at Michaels for a little over a year, and have taught some friends over the years. I mainly do gifts and charity items, but occasionally get into something a little more challenging and/or for myself. I've had the chance to discover that rayon yarn is slithery and that it IS possible to make progress using size 0 and 2 needles. My newest knitting toy is a pair of Knit-Lites, the needles with the battery-operated lights in the points. I was able to knit on the way home from a movie a couple weeks ago, and my hubby (bless his sweet little heart) got a kick out of watching while he drove. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can be there on the 27th. Now that I've found a group, I'm all excited to meet you. I've read through most of the posts on this forum, so feel like I know at least some of you already.
Go to Top of Page

cynphilenet@hotmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile Send cynphilenet@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I live in Perry, but work in Lawrence, and would love to meet with other knitters in the area. When would your next meeting be, since I am having my granddaughter for the weekend of the 27th.
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  8:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oshawoman@earthlink.net

Mom taught me to knit when I was 5, so I've been knitting off and on for 47 years. I don't remember getting that old, but time flies when the needles fly! I've been teaching at Michaels for a little over a year, and have taught some friends over the years. I mainly do gifts and charity items, but occasionally get into something a little more challenging and/or for myself. I've had the chance to discover that rayon yarn is slithery and that it IS possible to make progress using size 0 and 2 needles. My newest knitting toy is a pair of Knit-Lites, the needles with the battery-operated lights in the points. I was able to knit on the way home from a movie a couple weeks ago, and my hubby (bless his sweet little heart) got a kick out of watching while he drove. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can be there on the 27th. Now that I've found a group, I'm all excited to meet you. I've read through most of the posts on this forum, so feel like I know at least some of you already.

We are actually looking into doing some knitting as a group for charity ourselves =) One of the gals is planning to bring a couple of ideas she got out of a book to our next get together.

Thats cool that there are needles with battery opereated lights in 'em - I never knew that before lol I told my husband all about them today and he kinda rolled his eyes, but I am sure he wouldnt mind me getting a pair. He is glad I have found a hobby I enjoy - well, for the most part, if things are going well =) How much do they cost?

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  8:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cynphilenet@hotmail.com

Hi I live in Perry, but work in Lawrence, and would love to meet with other knitters in the area. When would your next meeting be, since I am having my granddaughter for the weekend of the 27th.

Hi there!! =)

It would be great to have ya join us for one of our knitting get togethers! Our next one is scheduled for Sunday, February 4th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence. So if you can't make it on the 27th at Miltons, you are more than welcome to stop on by on the 4th!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

cynphilenet@hotmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  9:14:58 PM  Show Profile Send cynphilenet@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much I'll definitely try to be there , and have a fellow knitter at work I'll try to talk into coming too!

pugs3mom
Go to Top of Page

cynphilenet@hotmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  9:54:19 PM  Show Profile Send cynphilenet@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quick question, how long do your meetings generally last? My friend may have to come after she gets off of work that day.

pugs3mom
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2007 :  10:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cynphilenet@hotmail.com

A quick question, how long do your meetings generally last? My friend may have to come after she gets off of work that day.

pugs3mom

We meet from 2 to 4 P. Unless we are having too much fun and lose track of time, it could last a lil longer :-D

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

knittagirl
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  7:11:38 PM  Show Profile Send knittagirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[:((]I work weekends....I only have fridays and tuesdays off
and the days I work I don't get off till 7 or 8 pm....

I have been dying to get together with other knitters

any possibility of a friday or late evening meeting?

........................please?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.