Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Lawrence, KS Knitting Get Together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome you guys! I actually am out of town on the 17th - headed to Wisconsin for a wedding. Do you guys know when the next one after that would be?

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  10:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The great thing out how Elinor set the group up is, that the meeting days are predictible. Since you can't make the June 17th one, the next one is July 8th and then July 22nd.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  08:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just relized that a mistake was made as to when the next meeting would be in Lawrence. (I was probley the one who posted the wronge weekend. I always think it's the first and third weekend, not the second and fourth weekend. ) So, sorry this is so late, and sorry for the confustion. But, the group Elinor set up is meeting Tomorrow Saterday June 24 at Miltons at 3:30.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  5:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the next one should be Saturday, July 8th, right? Thats the one the gals and I are planning on attending anyway =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  07:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, July 8th should be the next one. If you want emailed reminders, the yahoo group that is Lawrecne Knit and Crochet sends out reminders, and reminders about another meeting once a month at Amiees (but I've never been able to make that one.) Or just let me know your email address, and I will have Elinor add you to the email reminder she sends out.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  6:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was great getting to meet more knitters today! =) I had alot of fun!
Our next get together will be Sunday, July 30th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence. Hope to see some new faces!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  08:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was great meeting all of you who came to the group meeting. We had started to shrink in size over the past few months so it was great that you all came. Thanks for the info on when your meeting is.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathy_818
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  08:28:19 AM  Show Profile Send Kathy_818 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all -

I live a couple of hours away, near Wichita. Would I be welcome to your group? Probably couldn't make every one, but would love to be part of a group like this. Sounds fun.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  1:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are more than welcome to join us anytime you are able to do so =) I always post on here when the next one is, but I also send out reminders to gals interested in showing up. Just PM your email addy, and I would be more than happy to add ya to the list!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  5:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are more than welcome to the other group as well. It's the 2nd and 4th Saterdays at 3:30 at Milton's Cafe on Mass Street. If you need directions, you can PM me. Also, if you want to be added to the emails about it, you can PM me and I will pass it along to the group organizer, or just join the Yahoo group named Lawrence knit and crochet or something like that... .It sends out email reminders for our group and another one that meets once a month on a Wensday evening.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  07:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to remind everyone (in case Elinor doesn't have your email address) that there will be a knitting get together Saterday the 22nd at 3:30 at Miltons. All are welcome to attend.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  3:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yayyyy! Only 3 more days until knitting time =) Borders.....2 PM....July 30th....I havent made any progress on knitting, unfortunetly, been too swamped with daily life stuff to have the time =( But looking forward to seeing everyone!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  7:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was great having you show up today Heather! =)

Btw....just to make it official...our next one is Sunday, August 20th at 2PM at Borders in Lawrence. Hope to see some new faces!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  07:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was great to get to see a few of you who showed up at the Milton's group again, and to meet some "new to me poeple". I had a great time. I'm relativtly new in town, so knitting groups seem to be only way I get to meet people in town. Knitters, in general, and you all specifically are such wonderful people. (see I said I coudln't spell.)

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  4:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you had a great time =) I know I did.....I always do! I rarely get much knitting done, cuz I am listening and blabbing away with the rest of the gals. We have some pretty funny conversations sometimes lol And you seem pretty cool yourself! Hope to see ya at future get togethers!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  07:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear that you all seem to like me. It would have sucked if you all didn't like me becuase I had a great time, and I've already written down in my calender about the next get together.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  06:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to remind you all about the "other knitting" group. We're meeting at Milton's (on Mass street) this saterday (the 12th) at 3:30.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hotaru
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  12:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hotaru's Homepage Send Hotaru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! I'm moving to Lawrence and have noticed that there are several knitting groups discussed here. The one at Miltons seems to still be active but is the Borders one still going on? And how frequently?

-Kirstin
http://kitknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  08:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both groups are still active. The Boarders group is the one poeple on here started (I think. I'm new to this board so I am not sure). The next meeting for the Boarders group is the 20th of this month. The Milton's group just appears more active becuase I have been trying to let people know about it, plus it meets twice a month. I'm new to the area so I've been trying to find knitting groups to get to know people.

Where are you moving from ? When will you be in Lawrence ?

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hotaru
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  10:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hotaru's Homepage Send Hotaru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the Borders one weekly? And I look forward to this since the other knitting groups around here were an hour or more away.

I'm moving from Utah and I'll be in Lawrence by this Sunday. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?