Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 New York City Spinning Guild
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jimbobspins
Gabber Extraordinaire

463 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  5:44:24 PM  Show Profile Send jimbobspins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spinning in NYC:

The next Second Saturday SpinOut at Seaport Yarn will be on May 13, the weekend after MDS&W. Show and tell time. Andrea is starting to sell Grafton Fibers and Spindles.

Also I just read about ANOTHER SpinOut that will be in Central Park at the end of June. I'll try to get more info to post here. How cool is that?

I went to one of the NYCSpinners meetings on this last Sunday and it was a lot of fun. I heard rumor has it that Brooklyn General is gearing up for more spinning action. Tell us "tribemom", tell us it's true.

Looks like spinning in NYC is on the upswing. I'm hoping that this upcoming event in Central Park in June could serve as some kind of convergence for all the spinners in NYC.

Jim

Go to Top of Page

WarmFuzzy
Warming Up

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  6:15:39 PM  Show Profile Send WarmFuzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim,
Here is a link for the Central Park Spin In, just scroll down the page a bit.

http://www.januaryone.com/archives/2006/03/all_is_right_with_the_world.php

Spinning in the park in June, it doesn't get much better.
Go to Top of Page

jimbobspins
Gabber Extraordinaire

463 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  6:54:37 PM  Show Profile Send jimbobspins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's it. Thanks. Can't wait.

Spinning in the park in June is nice, but spinning outdoors while icefishing in February is the best :-)

Will have to keep checking the link until there is an exact location. Central Park is pretty big.

Jim

Go to Top of Page

jimbobspins
Gabber Extraordinaire

463 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  05:21:18 AM  Show Profile Send jimbobspins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder:

Spinning in NYC:

The next Second Saturday SpinOut at Seaport Yarn will be on May 13, the weekend after MDS&W. Show and tell time! Starts at 12 and runs till 3 or so.

If you didn't get enough at MDS&W :-) Andrea has Grafton Fibers and Spindles, Louet Fibers and fiber from Cherry Tree Hill.

http://www.seaportyarn.com/news.html

See you there,

Jim

Go to Top of Page

Yuki
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yuki's Homepage Send Yuki a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't checked in since I moved to NY a year ago but so happy to see that people are organizing a spinning guild here. Keep me in the loop!

Yuki Kokubo
Brooklyn, NY
www.yukikokubo.net
Go to Top of Page

macarena
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  12:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send macarena a Yahoo! Message Send macarena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a spinning circle tomorrow, Sat. May 13, at Seaport Yarn, 135 William St., 5th Fl. The website says it's from 12 noon to 3 pm but there's a lot of confusion as to when it starts. Last month I got there at 12:30 and two other spinners showed up about the same time. Tomorrow I will be there about 1 pm. If you don't have a wheel or a drop spindle you can buy a drop spindle there. They have some fiber if you are a beginner and don't have any of your own.
Go to Top of Page

tribemom
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  11:14:48 AM  Show Profile Send tribemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is true. I do want to start a spinnig guild in Brooklyn, but most likely in September. Brooklyn General is moving to bigger digs across the street (still Union between Hicks and Columbia). I am off for the summer but would love to organize something then. When is the next seaport spinoff? I missed the last but could go in June. I hope you are having one. Any tips on three plying? I can't seem to get the nack. I keep breaking! Keep on spinning--Pam
Go to Top of Page

jimbobspins
Gabber Extraordinaire

463 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  4:53:52 PM  Show Profile Send jimbobspins a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Spinning in NYC:

The next Second Saturday SpinOut at Seaport Yarn will be on June 10, starting at 12 noon.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

tribemom
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  10:39:29 AM  Show Profile Send tribemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee no one has been on this page for awhile. Well we are doing it. A Brooklyn spinning guild! meeting at Brooklyn General, 128 Union Street on the second Sunday of every month 2pm til whenever. If all goes well we will set it up for twice a month. The new space is fantastic and we just got a huge new batch of fiber. Hope to see you all there--Pam
Go to Top of Page

jimbobspins
Gabber Extraordinaire

463 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile Send jimbobspins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new space is great. Sounds like my kind of Sunday. Twice a month....great.

And what's this about a huge batch of new fiber?

Jim
Go to Top of Page

tribemom
New Pal

8 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  7:29:15 PM  Show Profile Send tribemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Next Sunday is the second of the month so we will be spinning at Brooklyn General. Hope you all can join us this time. Lastime was raining cats and dogs. Hopefully we will have more hospitalbal weather. 128 Union Street in Brooklyn.
Go to Top of Page

Louise B.
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  4:01:43 PM  Show Profile Send Louise B. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a spinning group somewhere in the Lower Hudson Valley area of New York?

Louise
Go to Top of Page

kknit
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  8:03:00 PM  Show Profile Send kknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is perhaps more "mid-Hudson" than lower, but there is an Ulster County Handspinners' Guild. I believe they have a website.
Go to Top of Page

theShizzKnit
New Pal

28 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit theShizzKnit's Homepage Send theShizzKnit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hilltop Hanover Spin in Yorktown Heights every 3rd Struday 11am-2pm
Go to Top of Page

robynulz@gmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  7:03:35 PM  Show Profile Send robynulz@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in any info on a spinning group. I could use the discipline! I learned to spin at the Yarn Tree a couple of years ago.

Thanks,

Robyn
Go to Top of Page

theShizzKnit
New Pal

28 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  9:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit theShizzKnit's Homepage Send theShizzKnit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The NYCSpinners is a local group the communicates through yahoogroups and meets in members homes, a good group but not one that meets very often or regularly.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?