Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cyndiinphilly
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  06:02:24 AM  Show Profile Send Cyndiinphilly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone. I'm Cyndi and I live in the lovely city oh Philadelphia. I was taught to crochet by my mm when I was about 7 and have crocheted my whole life. I taught myself to knit about 14 years ago. I'm an avid crafter and I've tried just about everything, from quilting to tatting to bobbin lace.
As far as knitting, I've made socks, afghans, a couple sweaters and many scarves. I work as a nurse, so knitting keeps me sane. I look forward to being on this forum

Cyndiinphilly
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  06:03:39 AM  Show Profile Send Cyndiinphilly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyndiinphilly

Hi, everyone. I'm Cyndi and I live in the lovely city of Philadelphia. I was taught to crochet by my mom when I was about 7 and have crocheted my whole life. I taught myself to knit about 14 years ago. I'm an avid crafter and I've tried just about everything, from quilting to tatting to bobbin lace.
As far as knitting, I've made socks, afghans, a couple sweaters and many scarves. I work as a nurse, so knitting keeps me sane. I look forward to being on this forum

Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  07:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Welcome, Cyndi. Thanks for sharing your fiber & craft handwork history & for the info about yourself. I bet that knitting does help to restore your sanity after your nursing shifts. You have a wonderful & important profession - bet your patients appreciate you too.

Philly was my home-base from 1980 until almost 5 years ago & now I live just outside the city. There are some most wonderful LYSs here - my fave is Hidden River Yarns in Manayunk.

Look forward to seeing your posts here on the Forum.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cyndiinphilly
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  12:24:04 PM  Show Profile Send Cyndiinphilly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Martha, my daughter works right across the street from hidden river yarns in manayunk. At kildares
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board from the great state of Louisiana, and a fellow tatter ( needle )

Go to Top of Page

dianescreativeelements
New Pal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  2:46:43 PM  Show Profile Send dianescreativeelements a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, my name is Diane and I own a yarn/fabric store in Sturgeon Falls Ontario Canada. I tried knitting in my late teens but the project ended up in the garbage...needles, yarn and pattern! Once I got married and started a family, we moved to the country. I was bored so I was determined to learn how to knit... and I did and been knitting ever since. I also teach knitting at my store! I love to hear and learn about different products/yarns. I'm always looking for reviews on the products I carry.... What I look forward to the most every day is coming to the store.... I love meeting new people and chatting with the regulars! I learn something new almost every day! I don't come to work, I come to play! :)
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  05:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Diane, welcome to the Forum. Lovely to hear of your knitting journey & about your store. You are finding your bliss, it seems - good for you!

Cyndi, hope to see you at Hidden River Yarns sometime!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3976 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  08:17:41 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to KR!

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  11:02:10 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cyndi, I visited Philly a few years back and man, yes, does Philly have great fiber options, and super great fiber people.

Diane, I agree with Marfa, sounds like you've found your bliss! Lovely, lovely.

Welcome to both of you!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

vismajor
Warming Up

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2014 :  05:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit vismajor's Homepage Send vismajor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Cyndi - you sound like quite a maker... that's an impressive list of crafting skills! :)

Welcome, Diane - it's easy to picture the frustrated teenage you dumping the whole kitting process into the garbage; it can be so frustrating sometimes! :)

Amy McC.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?