Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New member/Philadelphia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carolyn55
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2014 :  4:26:37 PM  Show Profile Send Carolyn55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

I am excited to be apart of this forum. I am a fairly new knitter I went to a class and was taught how to knit. So far I have knitted a hat and a scarf. I am now working on a baby blanket and a cape for the winter. My future goals taking a class to learn how to knit socks and sweaters. I am looking forward to learning from the group.

Carolyn

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2073 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2014 :  05:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Welcome, Carolyn, to KR & the Forum. How cool that you have recently learned to knit & have been so steady with it.

I live outside Philly & currently work in Philly. The LYS that I frequent is Hidden River Yarns in Manayunk. It is a fine shop, has a wonderful shop owner, offers terrific classes & has fabulous yarns.

Hope to see more of you here.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2014 :  11:00:53 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Carolyn, and welcome. I'm a fairly new knitter too, and feel like I've fallen down the most wonderful rabbit hole. Socks are a BLAST, I think you will love them. I find sweaters more challenging, but just completed my first baby sweater, which was a hit. I look forward to hearing about your challenges and successes here!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Cyndiinphilly
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  05:58:16 AM  Show Profile Send Cyndiinphilly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I live in Philly too. I love Hooked yarns in Haddonfield and loop in center city. Loop has great sales, as my wallet can attest.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2014 :  11:43:58 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Go to Top of Page

vismajor
Warming Up

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2014 :  05:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit vismajor's Homepage Send vismajor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Carolyn. :)

I'm outside Philly in a western suburb, but my favorite LYS is Loop, downtown at 19th & South streets. I've taken a few classes there, including one on how to knit socks; I'm pretty sure they regularly offer classes for knitting a first sweater.

Or, if you might want to take knitting classes in your pajamas like I do, Craftsy offers a wide variety of knitting classes for sweaters & socks.

Best of luck with your knitting! :)

Amy McC.
Go to Top of Page

CPAknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
748 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  04:42:40 AM  Show Profile Send CPAknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Carolyn!
I live outside of Philadelphia near the Delaware border. My daughter lives in Philly and walks past Loop on her way to and from work. She knows the best gift for me is a gift card from that beautiful shop. Have you been to Hidden River Yarns in Manayunk? It's next on my list to visit. Enjoy your new life as a knitter!

Cindy
http://cpaknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2073 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  05:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Cindy, so good to see your post here!!

Please reach out when you are heading to Hidden River Yarns - 1st, it is a fabulous shop & 2nd, I will meet you to say hey. It has been a while since we have seen you & it would be great to see your pretty face in person!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  08:59:46 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in Philly for work several years ago, and the women at Rosie's took GREAT care of me. They have a warm and friendly knit night there, although I don't know anything about their classes.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.