Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Never Again!
 Queensland Collection Kuma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2014 :  07:46:27 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not even a yarn (well, technically it is, but I'm just cranky at this point) - it's more like a loose strand of roving! It barely has any twist to it and thus "blooms" when you just look at it. It is so loose that it is hard to knit with - the needle tips keep splitting it VERY easily, and I am using blunt needles. Oh, dear! What a disappointment. I bought this yarn because I saw a nice sweater knit with it on one of those free pattern pages from yarn companies and I liked the colorway of the yarn. When I looked at the photos of the yarn and the sweater, there were no clues as to the true nature of this yarn. At most, it looked more like Malabrigo Merino, which is a single ply yarn, but which still has enough substance and twist to it to withstand the knitting process. So I bought enough of it for a sweater. To add to the problems, it is a combination of wool and acrylic, which means, it won't be as cohesive in a fabric, as 100% wool.

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  11:22:33 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How disappointing. Any chance you could return the unused yarn?

flicka
Go to Top of Page

strandedgirl
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2014 :  9:30:43 PM  Show Profile Send strandedgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may consider emailing the company. Often times they will compensate you due to your unhappiness with their product.

My name is Michelle, and I'm a yarnaholic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe