Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terryrb81
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  05:36:36 AM  Show Profile Send terryrb81 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Terry. I'm from Louisiana where knitting is not that popular because of the warm weather. I learned the knit stitch at 12 years old and did only that for many years then got some books from the library and taught myself the purl stitch and many other techniques over the years. I crochet too. Have been crocheting since I was 10 and did more crochet over the years than knitting but in 2007 I decided that I wanted to make socks. I looked on youtube and found some videos and learned. I have been knitting everyday since. I work in a small yarn shop near home and that has improved my knitting so much. When you have ladies coming into the shop asking for help with a project and you don't know how to do what they are asking then you quickly learn how.

I love knitting. I can zone out into my own thoughts while knitting. Also, I love to learn new techniques and how many different ways there are to do any one technique. Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. Looking forward to meeting other knitters.

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  08:04:32 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry, Welcome to KR From Chicago. You must have the best job. I just want to know how much fun it is seeing all the new yarns come in. My son told me about youtube when I wanted to knit two socks at a time. I knit with three groups and I'm always learning some things new. I think that's why I'm so hooked. Have a Happy kitting Day. Donna
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2014 :  5:27:40 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Terry, and welcome to the Boards from the great state of Louisiana. I cannot wait to hear about all your projects.

Rebecca from Louisiana.
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2014 :  12:06:51 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Terry. Where are you from?
Go to Top of Page

lizj
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2014 :  09:04:54 AM  Show Profile Send lizj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from Canada. I'm liz and have been knitting for a very long time. I knit Continental style and I am one of those people who have a lot of 1/2 finished pairs of socks, sweaters, etc...I suppose the process and discovery of new yarns and patterns matter more than finishing a project. I would rather frog a project than have it turn out less than PERFECT!!! My biggest issue after 50+ years is still gauge, despite swatching. I am left handed but knit Continental because it always seemed half-way between right and left if that makes any sense... I love Tunisian Crochet as well and have finished and sold many hats, mitts, vests,etc - I also crochet when my hands hurt. At the momentI am working on a pullover in the round, top down.- my own design. I am using a beautiful but very frustrating yarn called NORO Silk Garden. It is a yarn with a lot of raw silk in it (as well as straw and other debris, lol...) Knitting is my passion! Thanks for allowing me to join this forum. cheers!
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2014 :  05:14:32 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, from Maine! You have come to the right place for inspiration to try new techniques!
Judy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?