Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Greetings to All
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Southpaw21
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  08:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Southpaw21 a Yahoo! Message Send Southpaw21 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After learning to knit at a young age, I took it back up again as an adult in 1985 and have enjoyed it ever since. I live in the mid-Atlantic and am making lots of shawls as well as scarves, cowls, and sweaters. Exploring new techniques and working with colorful yarns gets me up in the morning and keeps me interested.

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

761 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  10:43:50 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Southpaw21, Welcome from Chicago. I'm always knitting, I must say I have fell asleep while knitting and had to frog back. I try not to knit when I'm tired.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1230 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there, Southpaw, from northern California. Sounds like you've had a long and happy knitting career. You made it through what some people call "The Great Drought," when yarn supplies weren't as exciting and varied as they are now. Perhaps we can say we are in the beginning of "The Golden Age" of knitting!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1991 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2014 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Hello, Southpaw, & welcome to KR - I am also in the Mid-Atlantic area. Will we see you at the MD Sheep & Wool Festival?

Yay for you for knitting for almost 30 years & for diving into all techniques & colorful yarns. Our stashes do give us one more reason for early rising in the morning.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.