Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Berger de France Aran poncho
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  10:54:58 AM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have already posted about this in my introduction but it probably belongs in this forum for a chance of anybody seeing it.

If anybody can help unravel the mystery of the pattern format it would be great. The pattern says to knit two panels and then cast off. But the 'make up' heading says the next piece knitted in one piece. (. About 130 stitches or so) . It makes no mention of where to place the panels which are considerably smaller. It is a baffling pattern and it seems there are other knitters who are unable to work out how this pattern works. Any input would be welcomed. The pattern is in Berger de France's Irish knits pattern book.

flicka
Seriously Hooked

868 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  11:11:19 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this the pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/36---poncho

It looks like there are two cable panels and a center seed or moss stitch panel.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  12:12:02 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Several knitters on rav mentioned joining panels and then knitting the yoke and collar in the round, so possibly the shorter panels are front and back, which should seamed at the sides? And then yoke and collar added somehow? Can you give a few more pattern specifics?

ps: really cool poncho! Added to favorites. (Even if it kills me someday.)

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  1:23:11 PM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just sent an email to you with my reply. I am a bit unsure of this site as yet so hope this was ok. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.
Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flicka

Is this the pattern?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/36---poncho

It looks like there are two cable panels and a center seed or moss stitch panel.

flicka

Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  2:44:03 PM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Flicka, thanks for helping me with this topic. I am not quite managing this site very well yet, so forgive me if I have put replies in the wrong place okr replied to you twice. Even! But no unfortunately this is not the poncho. I have contacted Berger de France direct by email but have yet to hear from them on the subject. If and when I do I will post their answer as another on this site is adding it to her wish list. I am still wishing even though I have the pattern and the wool to get going on it. Haha.
My best wishes to you and thanks once again for responding.
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  6:32:49 PM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit whit, I have the pattern and must admit to being pretty stumped as well . But now I really want to knit it!

Welcome to the forum!

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  03:26:57 AM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello e,myc, thanks for welcoming me to the site. Nice to be in contact with other keen knitters as I do not have any friends who share my enthusiasm.

It is a lovely Poncho indeed. I am determined to solve the problem and have left an email with Bergere de France and hope to get enlightened at some point. If you have any further ideas I would be grateful to know them. Likewise I will let you know the answer when and if I know. It is quite a knitting marathon so a trial knit first is not something I relish. It will be challenging even when the mystery is solved! Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe