Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Ribbing question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dreamer63
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  05:55:45 AM  Show Profile Send dreamer63 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am currently working on a sweater the collar and button band is worked in one piece in a k2 p2 rib. I have been increasing gradually at each end of the piece. On the last row I knit I ribbed across 14 sts and then did k1 m1 k1 p2 8x and then ribbed to end. The next row states to continue in ribbing increasing 1 st at each end of next 4 rows, which is no problem. My issue is I don't know whether to continue in k2 p2 ribbing where I completed the m1 or to switch to k3 p2 ribbing. If i go to k2 p2 it will look out of place, in my opinion.

socks4all
Permanent Resident

USA
1461 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  06:01:05 AM  Show Profile Send socks4all a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would do K3p2 where you increased within the k2p2 ribbing. I would keep the k2p2 ribbing pattern at the ends of the rows.
Go to Top of Page

dreamer63
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  06:02:52 AM  Show Profile Send dreamer63 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that's what I figured otherwise it wouldn't follow suit with the rest of the collar and it's only for a few more rows anyway and it's the back of the collar
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2013 :  09:49:58 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd do the same thing.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by