Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 The mice again, this time worse!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  06:02:13 AM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I got the socks knit up at last, but I didn't tell you all about the shawl .

I had started a shawl and moved along well a few years ago, but then left it, along with those socks, in a mouse-accessible place for many months. And we had mice that year.

Now we have a wonderful caregiver, thanks to long-term-care-insurance for my husband, and the house is clean and tidy, and mice are gone.

But! I found that the lovely "Field of Flowers" Shawl (Fiber Trends pattern) got chewed up along the edges, deep into the lace, and even in the center in one small place.

So, get back to your cheerleading, dear friends, because this one I am determined to fix, although I may have to frog the whole thing and start over. But it is a beautiful shetland lace yarn, (shetland is my favorite yarn), and I need my shawl!

I may be able to salvage the inner part of the edging, but am flummoxed how to fix the hole in the inner garter stitch square. When I have made a few tries, I will ask for help!

Everyone here is so helpful and lovely!

Anna

Life is beautiful.

flicka
Seriously Hooked

877 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  11:07:03 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go, Anna, go!

I admire your perseverance.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  11:11:47 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your post was, "Oh no!" And then I read your post and thought Go Anna! There's something so satisfying about finishing those long-abandoned darlings...

And Shetland... do I see some spit splices coming?

I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.