Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hooray, it's finished!
 My "mouse socks" are finished!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  05:21:16 AM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's hard to believe, but there was just enough yarn to finish my socks that had been eaten by mice!

Hurray hurray, now I can think of new projects, one of which is a shawl, beret, and mittens...I think it is the "Hawthorn" shawl.

I'm not going to say "watch my dust", but maybe I can post a bit more about actual knitting now!

Best wishes, Anna

Life is beautiful.

flicka
Seriously Hooked

882 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  10:35:08 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woo hoo! Sometimes things work out.

flicka
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2606 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  5:59:54 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha, I thought you meant socks that you knit from a Churchmouse Yarns and Teas pattern. They have a Turkish bed sock pattern that I've been wanting to make.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
88 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  8:05:32 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to go Anna, I was hoping you would have enough yarn. The Hawthorne shawl is beautiful. Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  4:50:10 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anna, glad you couldn't be beaten by the mice! It must be a relief to have them completed.
judy
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2013 :  04:37:15 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anna, I need to know where will you put them so the mice will not invite their cousins over the finish what they started. Donna
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2013 :  03:56:34 AM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I am wearing them, just now, and otherwise they are laid flat to air out, on my socks drawer.

Also, we have eliminated the mice problem (for now)....gone for a good year or so, but with the winter coming in, I will be alert.

I am a good bit better myself, Donna, more alert, and less tolerant of wee beasties.

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?