Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Lambtown USA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

auntlinda
Chatty Knitter

USA
200 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2013 :  11:20:47 AM  Show Profile Send auntlinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reminder: the Lambtown USA fiber festival is this weekend (Oct. 5-6) in Dixon, California.

See you there!!!

~Linda

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  02:11:14 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lambtown rocked this year! They did a really good job with the two-day festival this time. I had a super time, had a great class with Stephanie Gastaud (thanks for the recommendation, Shelia!) and won a door prize! (Really drool-worthy baby alpaca top--thanks Grasshopper Springs Ranch!) The spinning class with Stephanie was exactly what I needed. I doubled my spinning time and I am flying through a 5lb fleece.

Lambtown's also great cause it's close to me and easy to get to. I usually stay at the Super 8--clean and quiet and nice people running it--and like eating at local Dixon diners and such while I'm there. Plus I really like saying the word "Lambtown". It's my favorite festival name ever.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2013 :  08:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know, Robinsteph, isn't Steph G. just the greatest? She is knowledgeable, patient, and a hoot sometimes. Did Alden stop by? He's a little curmudgeonly but I really enjoy him as well.

Now you're making me want to come to Lambtown! It was unfortunately the same weekend as Taos this year, but maybe won't be always, and of course I may not get asked back to teach at Taos again! I'll remember about the Super 8.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  07:26:38 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shelia, no, Alden didn't stop by--who is Alden?

Stephanie was great--clearly a longtime spinner, very present, friendly, and approachable.

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  08:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alden is Alden Amos, her husband. She was his illustrator and a technical advisor for the book, the Big Book of Handspinning. While it can be a bit too detailed, it's a great resource. He's also a maker of fabulous custom wheels.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, hey, no kidding? I had no idea. I did get the feeling Stephanie had been doing this a long, long time. She had the confidence of someone with loooong experience.

Some women in my spinning guild decided to "work through his book" recently and were asking for joiners. Being new to spinning, I hadn't heard of Alden's book before, so I checked it out from the library. I was a little intimidated. Read the the first few chapters, and intend to someday check it out again and read more. Still don't know much about its reputation, so thanks for filling in some gaps!

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.