Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 A New Forum Member
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knits with Cats
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2013 :  05:13:46 AM  Show Profile Send Knits with Cats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to the forum, but no stranger to knitting. My mother taught me how to knit & crochet when I was 9. I loved knitting & she loved crocheting so we always would do each together. Up until a few years ago, I was a seasonal knitter, when the fall breezes began to blow, I'd pull out my knitting and have at it. I am proud to say that I now knit all year long, I am totally addicted and my stash & patterns & books grow by leaps & bounds. Vacations now always include finding where the local yarn store is.
I love lace knitting & am working on my first beaded project (which has been interesting with 3 cats who love to play). So knitting gets me out of bed each morning along with our 3 cats :-). A day doesn't go by without at least a few rows put onto the needles. In addition to knitting, I'm an avid whitewater kayaker. It is another addiction that has truly been life changing. I met my husband on the river (he saved me while swimming), we got married in the spot where we met along the river & we went out west on a whitewater honeymoon. So when I'm not kayaking, I'm knitting. Wish I could keep a project in my boat, now that would be perfect.
I'd love to own a yarn shop someday so I can be surrounded by beautiful color and soft things. Thank you for this forum & for Knitter's Review. I love it. I'm 3/4 of the way throught The Yarn Whisperer & I am really enjoying it! Thanks again!
Knits with Cats

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2013 :  3:08:49 PM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Knits with Cats, welcom to the forum. What a great description of yourself and your life. Thanks for the romance also! (Here we get more of the "Human Falls in Love with Yarn" variety.) (:

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Beatricey1
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2013 :  6:45:10 PM  Show Profile Send Beatricey1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Knits with Cats! I'm new also and just wanted to say hello. I loved reading about how your knitting gets you out of bed everyday and I can't imagine what it would be like with three kitties playing in the yarn. Was curious what The Yarn Whisperer is?

Best to you and family,
Beatricey1
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2013 :  9:52:21 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KR Forums, Knits with Cats! So glad to have you aboard.

I am from Baltimore, and am at present knitting socks.

Oh, and The Yarn Whisperer is a book by our KR founder and writer, Clara Parkes, and the book has just been published, and let out into the world. It is a lovely book, and I hope you can read it someday!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  10:07:41 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! Hope you enjoy the comraderie and inspiration found here on the forums.
judy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?