Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Kollage square needles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  12:38:58 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought a couple pair of these for socks but the join is so rough that it catches on the yarn and it's hard to move the stitches from the cable onto the needle to begin knitting. I'd tend to think that maybe I got a bad one but two? I like the concept but I can't use them and ruin the yarn I'm using. Anyone else have that problem?

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2655 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2013 :  9:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too was disappointed by the Kollage square needles. But I love the Knitter's Pride wooden square circs.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2013 :  5:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had just the opposite problem ... my new Kollage needles have smooth joins and I'm very happy with them, but the Knitter's Pride are awful.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  07:25:33 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried calling Kollage Sat but got voice mail. I'll try calling them sometime this week. May have to return them to the store and look at the Knitter's Pride. I certainly don't need more needles but I liked the feel of the square needles.

azblue
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I contacted Kollage and they sent me replacements. I haven't had a chance to knit with them yet but I have to say, the join on the new needles is much smoother so I have great hope. The new needles are made in the USA and the ones I purchased were made in China. Might want to give them a second chance, Luann.

azblue
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  5:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should have clarified which Kollage needles I like ... several years ago I did purchase those horrible LIMP circulars that were made overseas. In addition to the cords being like string, the joins were rough and I hated them (now, I did like the straights and the double points!). When I saw the ads for the new ones made in the USA, and with choices for the cords, I decided to try one with the firm cables. I liked them so much I now have several more.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  07:28:40 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in a local shop this weekend and mentioned how much I liked the square needles and one of the ladies told me that you have to go up a size when using them. I have the 2s and did a swatch and liked the fabric much better than that worked on the same size needles I usually use (Addi). So I guess my square size 2s = size 1 Addi.

azblue
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe