Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 The Yarn Whisperer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  04:09:11 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, I would like to say I love your voice. I'm listening to you read your chapter while setting up for work. I found myself not working but listening. I might have to rethink books on tape. I was thinking what stitch am I like. I think I'm a cable stitch. When I get started I pop out all over. Listening to you made me think how I got started in the field I'm in and how you stumble but you don't fall down. I have a son who worked for Sears he would come home and tell me how a lady tried to return one shoe because she could not find the other one. I think his coworkers would send people his way just to get a stir out of him. He doesn't talk much. I was wondering to all of you what stitch do you think would best be you and why. Donna

Donna

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  04:55:02 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy has already been pre-ordered and will arrive when I am away on vacation. It will be a nice way to ease back into real life when the fun is over. I loved the audio chapter. It made my morning commute much nicer!
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

397 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  09:57:49 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like Donna, I may now have to rethink audible books. Up to now I haven't liked them but if I could listen and knit at the same time and I liked the reader, it might be a different story. I think I'm like a cable stitch, too. I like things neat and tidy but interesting and I see cables as being like that. They are also predictable and that is likely me as well.
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  6:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As an audiobook junkie, I would love to have Clara read her entire book to me, over and over again. Any plans for making this happen? Knitting Out Loud has been used by many with success.
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cannot wait to read it.
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
550 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2013 :  09:05:37 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished reading this very delightful book. I didn't want it to end.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  2:24:15 PM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I download audiobooks from the library. I like to listen to them when I cook, on long car trips and of course, while knitting.
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5194 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2013 :  2:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy just got here, and I can't wait to read it. The samples I read this summer were enchanting.

See proof of insanity: http://crazylanea.com/
Read my audiobook reviews: http://booksforears.com/
Buy handmade sock knitting bags: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5031570
Join the KR Webring: http://www.crazylanea.com/fiberarts/2006/07/the_knitters_re.html
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  05:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I dearly would love to be able to do the audiobook - right now that decision is in the hands of my publisher. We'll see!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try to pick up a volume and have the author sign it at Book Passage. There may be red mustachios involved. (Hint hint.)

I'm a fan of audio books too. Maybe we should start a petition for Clara's publisher!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

llmcguire
Warming Up

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2013 :  4:52:41 PM  Show Profile Send llmcguire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll sign anything to get this book in audio form!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  07:56:14 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara, I'm reading your book v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. It is truly a gem, and I'm having a blast getting to know you. Thank you for this gift of yourself and your wit!

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

397 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  09:34:40 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reading it slowly, too, and savoring it.
Go to Top of Page

PainterWoman
Chatty Knitter

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  4:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit PainterWoman's Homepage Send PainterWoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wish I were close enough to make it to Blue Hills tomorrow! But have put Portland on my calendar, even though it's a week night. (One hour is WAY closer than four!) CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CONTEMPORARY LIFE. I love having "known" you for so long. <3

http://Journal-to-a-muse.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  07:16:54 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still reading and savoring! I'm taking you to the hospital with me tomorrow. I have to stay flat on my back 4 hours after the procedure, so you'll be keeping me company!

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

mathiemom
Chatty Knitter

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit mathiemom's Homepage Send mathiemom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I.Love.This.Book. I ordered it on Kindle because I was too impatient for any kind of delivery or even searching my area for a hard copy. I may buy a hard copy anyway. Hemina, hemina, hemina ....

Wendy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?