Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 2013 KR Retreat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

297 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:37:12 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got a fever.....and the only prescription is NOT more cowbell!
Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:46:12 PM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, thank you!!! This will be my first one if picked and would really like to go and meet everyone!!!
Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did not get picked. #54 on the wait list. Always next time though!!! Have fun ladies! Hope to meet you all soon! Lou Ann
Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  4:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take heart, all, the emails are coming. I feel so lucky to have gotten in for my 2nd year. A special note to Newbies, from one who was one last year, you will never find a more warm and welcoming group of people. Well, they ARE all knitters so somewhat to be expected. And it starts here, everyone is eager to answer your questions. Now I'm off to dance a little jig of happiness.

PS Minh, I hope you got the news before you drifted off to sleep. The stuff of happy dreams!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  4:22:00 PM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in too - so happy. This is my favorite weekend of the year. It is probably the only group where I feel like I belong.

Neltama - you never know what may happen between now and retreat time. I had been on the waiting list and I found out 2 weeks before the retreat that I got in. Good luck and if not this year then maybe next year. This is an experience that everyone should have.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so happy for all that got selected!!! I am still going to try next year. You all sound like a great bunch of knitters!!! Would love to finally meet some of you in the future. I am very new to this website but an old soul knitter. My gramma taught me many years ago. I will be 56 in Sept. so not too old nor too young!!! Have fun ladies!!! Post pics! Lou Ann
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2673 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  10:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lou Ann, I'm sorry you didn't get in, I would be so happy to meet you, even if our parents didn't spell it the same way. Minh, can't wait to catch up with you, I moved too! I hope Gather Here isn't suffering too much at the combined loss of our support. Martha, Cindy, missing you already.
Luann

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2013 :  03:04:50 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had the day off yesterday and forgot all about this-I must be losing it! If you see "it" please for the love of God send it back to me!!
Happy that I got in and will be rooming with NutmegOwl.
Looking forward to this-see you all soon!
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  05:51:30 AM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Yours" must be with "mine", which went missing long ago! So happy you and the Owl will be there again. Can't wait to see you!

quote:
Originally posted by KnittingKittens

Had the day off yesterday and forgot all about this-I must be losing it! If you see "it" please for the love of God send it back to me!!
Happy that I got in and will be rooming with NutmegOwl.
Looking forward to this-see you all soon!

Go to Top of Page

Suzenew
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  07:30:37 AM  Show Profile Send Suzenew a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a newbie and am so excited! I will be bringing my 87 year old Mom who is not really a knitter but loves to quilt.
Go to Top of Page

rosir
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  08:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit rosir's Homepage Send rosir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Suze,
How wonderful! I always wanted to bring my mom, but circumstances never came together and now she is gone. Whenever I see a mother-daughter duo, it always makes me smile.

Rosi
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  09:52:58 AM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She'll have plenty of other quilters surrounding her!

quote:
Originally posted by rosir

Oh Suze,
How wonderful! I always wanted to bring my mom, but circumstances never came together and now she is gone. Whenever I see a mother-daughter duo, it always makes me smile.

Rosi

Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

738 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  10:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Suzie! We know each other! We met two years ago at a school. I'm so glad you and your Mom will be at the Retreat!

Mary
http://snitnknit.blogspot.com/

Ravelry: McMary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth