Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 2013 KR Retreat!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

KnittingKittens
Chatty Knitter

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  04:33:10 AM  Show Profile Send KnittingKittens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now we wait to hear if we got in! I sure hope so. Martha from MA I will miss seeing you!
Ceil, no fear I turned (GASP!) 53 this summer. Not quite sure how that happened- I must have blinked!
Have a good day all!
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  05:39:50 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ceil, I am also chuckling. I am 53. I am not the oldest at the retreat or the youngest. It is such a nice mix of people. But then again, we are all knitters so that age thing doesn't matter.

Martha, we will miss you.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1919 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  11:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I love about the Retreat is that for a weekend we are all ageless. I am not the youngest, nor am I the oldest. And I think that is pretty special.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

295 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Martha, if I get in, I will miss seeing you....

Ceil, I will be 59 a month after the retreat. Yes, we are an ageless group when we are together!

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  07:22:10 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL - I was thinking positively when I wrote my reponse.

I forgot that it isn't AUG. 16TH YET.

Let me rephrase - Martha, I will miss you if I get in.

Oy. LOL

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  9:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,dang, I'll have to try and go next year! Too much work on my plate still,but three big projects are going to get cleared out this year. Ten one more big one left to hopefully finish by next summer. So I can start looking now for a roommate for next year????

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

CPAknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  07:13:20 AM  Show Profile Send CPAknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure miss the excitement of waiting and hoping for the Retreat! Clara - when will it be moving further south? I know it's closer to you, but I miss the (much) shorter ride to Virginia!

Cindy
http://cpaknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  08:41:28 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One. More. Day. Can't. Wait. Suffering. Anxiety...

[[cracking myself up, also. (: ]]

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  1:53:19 PM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waiting for the word from Ms. Clara is sooooo hard. Does it remind anybody else of waiting to hear from college admissions offices (not that I can really remember that far back ... )? But the Retreat is way more fun!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2363 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  07:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cindy, we miss you, too! I don't know that the current location is very convenient for Clara, it's just one that works well for the size of the. Group and the classes. It also has a nice lobby and lounge for hanging out in.

Have you looked into flying? A number of the NY and Boston folks do that at a reasonable cost, in addition to us folks where flying is the only option.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

emmyc
Chatty Knitter

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  09:02:40 AM  Show Profile Send emmyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The suspense is killing me. This is going to be the longest day ever!
Good luck to all,

emmyc
winchester ma
Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am new to this and me and my roomie (also new) are trying to be patient but this is a long morning so far!!!

Lou Ann
Lancaster, MA
Go to Top of Page

Pam B
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile Send Pam B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a long afternoon. It's almost 5pm and I'm checking my emails like a crazy person!!!
Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will we hear even if we are not picked for the retreat? I still have not seen anything yet and it is after 5pm!! Lou Ann
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4386 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  2:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We must try to be patient... I've heard that knitting is a good way to pass the time!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:12:18 PM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So true, Jane, and much more producitve than hovering over the email "refresh" button!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3459 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's late here in Dublin so I am going to say night night to you all and hope I get an exciting email in my inbox when I wake up!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:22:31 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Night night, Minh. I hope to see you in November and hear all about your new adventure.

quote:
Originally posted by minh

It's late here in Dublin so I am going to say night night to you all and hope I get an exciting email in my inbox when I wake up!

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

neltama
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile Send neltama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am guessing that no one has heard yet???? Please post if you hear anything. I am going mental!!!! Lou Ann
Go to Top of Page

Patshere
Chatty Knitter

171 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  3:25:58 PM  Show Profile Send Patshere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Deep, cleansing breaths.
Knit one
Purl one

quote:
Originally posted by neltama

I am guessing that no one has heard yet???? Please post if you hear anything. I am going mental!!!! Lou Ann

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?