Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Made in America
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  02:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This week's newsletter happened to fall on July 4th, inspiring me to tiptoe through the KR archives and pluck 15 particularly noteworthy yarns, tools, and accessories that have been manufactured here in the United States.

It's just the beginning of the list, though - I'd love to know what your favorites are!

Here's the review.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4166 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  07:10:30 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great article, Clara, lots of new yarns to check out! And I've always been a big fan of Sheila and Michael's needles!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hkpdx
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  07:41:55 AM  Show Profile Send hkpdx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Imperial Yarn from Maupin, Oregon. Although i believe it is spun in Canada, their Columbia flock is from the longest operating stock ranch in Oregon. With a name like Columbia, it is definitely a native.
Go to Top of Page

ljknits
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  08:26:57 AM  Show Profile Send ljknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. Looking forward to trying some of these "local" yarns.
Go to Top of Page

terpsfan
Warming Up

65 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2013 :  09:48:59 AM  Show Profile Send terpsfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just learned that Kollage needles (the square ones) are now made in Alabama. The Yarn Barn of Kansas wrote this up in a recent mailer. They are returning production to the US for "better quality control,"
hurrah!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  11:35:10 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic topic, Clara. I try to buy American, and shop local, small businesses whenever possible. I haven't tried many of the yarns on this list; I'll have to aim for them! Verb for Keeping Warm is right over the bridge--although I'll have to wait for the Bart strike to end to go and visit. :(

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

lablanche
New Pal

6 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  08:31:04 AM  Show Profile Send lablanche a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And you missed my favourite needles of all time, DyakCraft. I know you didn't give them a full review a couple of years back, but to me they are the Cadillac of needles, and worth the wait.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe