Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 STASH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the last 2 yrs I have worked out of stash and have not bought any
new books, BUT that has come to a end. My stash is really low and so
to knit 4 new sweater I have had to buy new yarn. What fun, to go on
line and search for the perfect yarn in the perfect color. A Berroco Vintage in Blueberry (perfect), now I am looking for a lovely
bright deep scarlet. Haven't quite found yet. For those of you who haven't used Vintage it is absolutely lovely to work with. So soft on the hands it flows like silk thru your fingers I will definitely use again. Then I bought a lovely soft bright pink out of Plymouth Encore, Vintage didn't have the pink I wanted.
Then thanks to Minh or maybe not I bought a new book that she told us about, so now I have a couple more sweater and some hats to knit
At least I can do the hats out of stash. I do have that much stash left.
I think I will no longer buy yarn just to buy but buy as I find a project I want to knit. As I am getting older than dirt I don't want to leave such a mess for my family. I am trying to cut down on
buying stuff and if I do buy I must get rid of something existing in my house the same size. So now when I buy I ask myself what will you get rid of and sometimes I don't buy because I love my existing stuff and don't have a lot of storage.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

lucybug
Warming Up

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  1:21:25 PM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with you - I love both Vintage and Encore - especially Vintage. I made 10 hats for a breast cancer snowshoe walk out of a Encore darkish pink - maybe the same color you used. Lovely yarn and very reasonably priced.

I've also been trying to just knit from my stash and have been fairly successful. However, I got mad at a project and ripped it out, put the yarn and pattern away and went on a yarn buying spree. Doesn't make a bit of sense and I'm not at all guilty.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ditzy Girl. How are you these days? I still have your flower in my prayer bowl to remind me to pray for you.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  08:03:09 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear you on the stash accumulation, Zola. I feel this pressure when I get too much yarn, like I need to knit frantically to use up yarn. It's stressful. And then i forget what I have, and I hate that.

Almost everything was purchased with a particular pattern or idea in mind, but I don't always wait until I'm ready to start the project to buy the yarn,so it lurks and sends subliminal messages: Knit me next... knit me next...

Your Berroco color choices sound beautiful--blueberry and scarlet sound like a brilliant combination. I am looking for some yarn to make my niece a baby blanket, and the pattern recommends the yarn Berroco Comfort, which is Acrylic and Nylon, which I'm not crazy about. Maybe I will try Vintage instead--they have a decent range of colors--I just looked! Thanks for the recommendation.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  07:28:27 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pam,

You are the first person I have ever heard of who has actually knitted through her stash.

Mine just seems to keep multiplying and I gave over half of it away.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  07:53:06 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't knit thru all of it either, I did give some away, but I did knit thru a lot of it. I still have 2 sweater worth in stash and will start the one stash beautiful choc brown when I finish one of the existing sweaters I am knitting. I am almost done with 2 of them and then I can start my pink pullover and the brown cardi. The rest I have
been knitting hats and scarves as gifts.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?