Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 needles for lace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

zquilts@centurytel.net
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  1:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit zquilts@centurytel.net's Homepage Send zquilts@centurytel.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that what needles to use when knitting lace is a very personal choice. I knot primarily lace and primarily shawls, scarves and accessories.

I like needles that are fast and super pointy. My preferences for lace knitting in order from my favorites to my least favorites are:

1. Signature's Stilettos (but I can't afford to have too many of them).
2. HiyaHiya I love the sharp points and smoothness and the cost is do reasonable! I love their interchangeable sets, and their connector is really excellent!
3. ChaiGoo Red Lace - a very close second to HiyaHiya imho.
4. Knitter's Pride Karbonz (but I only like them in the smaller sizes, when they went to larger sizes the tips were no longer what works for me).

I would also recommend the following for people who are just beginning lace knitting or who are having some issues with doing so:

1. Kollage square needles. I think that these would be a great needle to try for anyone who is having issues wit lace knitting. I love the pointy tips and the square shape really does make them easier on your hands and wrists, but I am not sure that his may not be the result of knitting a wee bit slower.Your stitches will look very nice!

2. Bamboo needles. PersonaIly do not like knitting with Bamboo needles for anything, but I do know people who have said that they are much better at lace knitting using the slower Bamboo needles.
Go to Top of Page

demib
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile Send demib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I own the Addi Clicks in turbo, lace, long tips and bamboo. Each set is wonderful depending on the project and yarn. However, my arthritic hands really love the feel of the natural Addis, and since I am now concentrating on perfecting my tension, I find I am in more control. What other quality wood circulars are lightweight and have the sharpest points?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?