Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from British Columbia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Di19
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  1:30:59 PM  Show Profile Send Di19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good Day everyone: my name is Dianne and I just found this site. I have been knitting since January of this year and am loving it. I have already got a fairly big pile of yarn and am trying to find the time to knit it all! Work definetely gets in the way of knitting. I have managed to finish a few small things: 3 dog sweaters, a few scarves, slippers, and a couple of washcloths. I think I have 5 projects going on right now and am trying to spend a bit of time on each every evening.

I am trying to find patterns where I learn new stitches and I love that there is tons of advise and help on the internet. My many thanks go out to those that take the time to do the youtube videos.

Cheers and happy knitting

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3469 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  3:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dianne, welcome to the KR forums!

Washcloths or baby items are a great way to try new stitches. You can even make blanket squares with a different stitch for each square and it will showcase your knitting education :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1812 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  6:41:35 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the KR Forums, Dianne!
Most of us understand the amazing capacity of yarn to multiply into a sizable stash in very little time!
There are several unforgettable threads in the archives of the Forums about how to deal with an oversized stash, how to keep husbands from seeing us import our purchases, etc, etc.
You will get lots of support and help here, and I hope you enjoy it!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  04:32:19 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dianne, Welcome here from Chicago. I love knitting new stitches. I started off making scarfs. I feel it make knitting all the more fun. Happy knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2051 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  11:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from NW PA. Over the years I've made the effort to learn new stitches and loved every minute. It is so rewarding to pick up a beautiful pattern and realize that you already know how to do that "new" stitch the designer has used!

You've done a lot for a new knitter! Keep it up!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  4:22:18 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Maine! Lots of inspiration here to try things you never thought you would or could......but can!
judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  08:00:32 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from San Francisco, Di. You started in January and you're already on dog sweaters and slippers?! Way to go!! Sounds like you do indeed have the disease we all share. (:

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Quills Woollen Market
New Pal

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  06:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Quills Woollen Market's Homepage Send Quills Woollen Market a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just joined looks like a great community of like minded people! If only the world were like this people sharing skills and ideas!

http://www.irishgiftsandsweaters.com
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  11:47:49 AM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KF, Dianne! Glad u have joined us & hope u decide to stay!
All of us here in the forums have a lot of yarn, so u r n good company!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  06:23:48 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dianne,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums from Australia.

You sound like your doing quite a bit of knitting.

I totally agree with you about YouTube, the people that take the time to put up what they have made and how to make it are truly wonderful people.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Di19
New Pal

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  07:13:05 AM  Show Profile Send Di19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I have been testing out new stitches, or at least new patterns, over the last week. I bought a stitch book and have been knitting a new washcloth almost every day and am finding some patterns that I really like. I even tried intarsia knitting a couple of weeks ago and love it. It was a very small project (washcloth) and took a bit to figure out so I can only imagine the time and effort some of the sweaters or blankets that I have seen take. Some knitters are very skilled indeed!!

Cheers and happy knitting!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  08:37:21 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on, Di. Isn't is great? You start to knit and all of a sudden this giant world full of all this fun, engaging stuff we never really knew was there opens right up. And then we fall in!

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  08:38:45 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Quills--Didn't notice you posting your hello up there, in the middle of the replies to Di's first post. So: hello! And welcome to KR.

Robinsteph

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.