Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Distracted knitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  1:53:39 PM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else find themselves doing strange things when they don't concentrate on their knitting? I like to knit while I watch Knitting Daily and I have found myself obediently doing a K2tog YO when Eunie instructs you to and I'm supposed to be doing a straight garter stitch. Or, recently in the car I was working on a seed stitch sweater and not paying attention I got off a stitch and did 2 rows incorrectly. I knit wrong all the way to the office and carefully frogged all the way home. You'd think I'd learn my lesson and concentrate a little better, but noooooooo.

Pam in the Colorado mountains

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  08:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, can I relate to this one! I think my brain defaults to K2P2 ribbing anytime I'm using a stitch pattern with a 4-stitch repeat; I've discovered there are some things I really must not knit while watching TV because of that.

It's a bit like trying to write/type something (i.e., a lesson assignment) while chatting with someone on the phone about another subject ... I'll find words from my conversation sneaking into what I'm writing!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  1:14:21 PM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK Donna, Just do not ever get a job providing telephone sex while you are trying to write lessons.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  05:33:23 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats funny Grand-moogi.Donna
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  2:47:44 PM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hilarious Grand-Moogie -- I don't think I would have ever thought of that!

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3463 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  3:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely not a good idea to be knitting while watching a mystery. I either make mistakes in my knitting (the reverse of yours, I start doing garter stitch instead of a rib) or I miss some important part of the crime (usually the big "aha" moment for the detective). The only thing that I wouldn't mess up is the stockinette part of a sock :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1921 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  09:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah minh, then I have you beat. I messed up the stockinette part of a sock yesterday, while talking to a friend about her twisted sts in her clapotis. I knit k1p1 instead. *sigh.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.