Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Software
 What's the difference.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  8:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...between a video download and a HD video download? Interweave is having a sale, my new iPad will arrive in a couple days, and I don't know what the resolution does on either of these.

I didn't know where else to post this, and this forum seems to be the closest place.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1436 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  01:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have neither the screen nor the data connection to use HD, but I've heard from people who did a HD video download that they won't buy one again: even with a fast connection (sorry, I don't remember how fast) it took just too much time (I was downloading Robin Russo's combing video - non-HD- via McDonald's WiFi - I'm still on dial-up at home - and it took a full hour (or was it two?)...

Now, on an iPad screen the difference might be noticeable...You couldn't find TWO videos you'd like to have, buy one in HD and one in normal (purely in the spirit of scientific inquiry, of course) and compare?

Guess that wasn't much help, sorry! Happy knitting and shopping! Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  05:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To find out which is best for you, how about watching a video in both formats? Clara just happens to have posted her latest Great White Bale trailer, and it's available here: The Baleyard Shift.* You can select both HD and regular formats.

*shameless GWB promotion #5,769

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  10:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just found out that HD is for large-screen TVs. My laptop and iPad don't even come close. So if you plan to watch these videos on a device, the regular version is fine. And cheaper.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

Kade1301
Permanent Resident

France
1436 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  03:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kade1301's Homepage Send Kade1301 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sort of like Blu-ray quality vs. DVD? (Not that I would know anything about Blu-ray - I'm still watching (amongst DVDs) VHS longplay on my 53-cm cathode ray TV (the bl... thing just doesn't break...))

Bye, Klara

http://www.lahottee.info
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.