Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi from a snowy Norfolk, UK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Helenknits
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  03:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Helenknits's Homepage Send Helenknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,just popped in to introduce myself. I have been knitting since I was a child, taught by my mother and grandmother. It was taught in schools back in those faraway days....big needles and chunky cotton....! My first major project when I was around 11 was a pair of pale yellow bedsocks under the supervision of female relatives! They were a bit wonky but I was so proud of them!! Still love socks,getting into lace and can't resist any luxury soft squishy yarn.

socks4all
Permanent Resident

USA
1461 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  03:46:10 AM  Show Profile Send socks4all a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from rainy, Minnesota (also known as "Minnesnowta" USA. Spring & summer are just around the corner.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  2:01:16 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! I always have socks on the needles, so portable. enjoy the KR community!
judy
Go to Top of Page

Knitting Angel
New Pal

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  2:45:17 PM  Show Profile Send Knitting Angel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there..... Yes, another sock knitter : )
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  5:52:18 PM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Helen knits,from Chicago, I think this year has been a sock year for me. I guess it's because my feet was cold a lot this winter . Donna
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  9:44:12 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KR Forums, Helen! Socks here, too, also lace and kid scarves and hats.

So glad to have you on board!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  05:31:16 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
welcome from Australia. I am into bedsocks but not socks. Actually I am been doing machine embroidery alot lately. Being a bit of a knitting renegade.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Helenknits
New Pal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  08:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Helenknits's Homepage Send Helenknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your warm welcomes...am feeling right at home now.....off to partake in a little post easter recovery knitting whilst peace once again descends upon the house!

Helen James
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
235 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  11:52:13 AM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ms. Helen, and welcome from the great state of Louisiana. So glad to meet a fellow lace knitter. The only socks that I have made have been small sock ornaments for Christmas trees. I cannot wait to hear about all the new projects you have been working on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe