Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Susan from St. Pete Florida here!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SusanHigley
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  09:43:12 AM  Show Profile Send SusanHigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

New to this group and new to forums. Hope I have posted in the correct area.

My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 9 or 10. Through my teenage, and college years crocheted off and on .

My best friend Cheryl introduced me to knitting in 1999. We traded skills. She picked up the crochet much faster than I did knitting.

Yet a few more years passed, then finally got some help at the local yarn shop about 5 years ago. I have been playing with some easy scarfs, and dishcloths. Now I am ready to get serious in my knitting.

Purchased a subscription at Vogue Knitting and joined Raverly and have been seeking knitting knowledge and sites for a few weeks now.

Looking forward to participating and growing my skills.

Can't sleep because I am working on my gauge again. After ripping out about 10 times, I think I am getting the hang of it.

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  10:56:43 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! a persistant knitter! ready to tackle new things! The best kind!

Welcome to the KR Forums, Susan, I'm from Baltimore, MD.....where do you hail from?

Remember, too, with gauge, that you can change needle size to get a different gauge----but if you are working as hard as you are, you probably know that!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

765 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  04:01:41 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Susan, Welcome to KR from Chicago. If you are alone and stuck you can also look on Utube. I didn't know this until my son told me.Happy knitting.Donna
Go to Top of Page

SusanHigley
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  06:41:07 AM  Show Profile Send SusanHigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Anna and Donna,

Thanks for the welcome! I live in Pinellas Park, FL. It is between St. Petersburg and Clearwater. I went to my first knitting group last night at our local yarn store. It was really fun.

I found You Tube to be amazing on how to learn any stitch so far that I have needed. It is so exciting to watch the loops and needles create such intricate designs.

Also just joined Raverly.. it is fun looking at patterns , projects, and groups there too.

What do I do here at the forum. Is it just looking for topics and making comments to get to know others?

Have a wonderful knitting day.
Susan
Go to Top of Page

SusanHigley
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  07:01:03 AM  Show Profile Send SusanHigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just found the How to Use the Forum Thread. :)
Susan
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  11:13:56 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Susan, welcome from Down Under in Australia. Members of this forum hale from all over the globe.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

SusanHigley
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  07:31:52 AM  Show Profile Send SusanHigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you from Down Under! Looking forward to learning more from you.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  1:05:47 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums from Maine! Lots of knitting support and inspiration to be found here.
judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  09:32:22 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Susan--Welcome, from Northern California. I just started to crochet in February--what a gas! It's so lawless compared knitting. I love it.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

suecq
Chatty Knitter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  05:48:55 AM  Show Profile Send suecq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI Susan, I am Susan from Tampa. If you ever get over to Tampa come to Knit'n Knibble on S Dale Mabry. It's a great yarn shop and there are always friendly knitters there knitting and crocheting. Check out their web site - knitnknibble.com.
Go to Top of Page

Jeannette
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2013 :  8:33:35 PM  Show Profile Send Jeannette a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! Welcome to the forum form Georgia! Mama taught me to knit and to crochet many years ago.

Jeannette
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?