Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Yarn Bowls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2013 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a beautiful one of a kind yarn bowl from islandia_designs on ebay. When not holding yarn, it sits on my coffee table. I don't use it all the time, but often.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  4:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use a pottery yarn bowl I bought on Etsy. I really do find it helpful when I need to keep the yarn ball in check, and it's a beautiful decorative piece when i'm not using it.

My knitting & crafts blog is here: http://www.spindyeknitlove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2396 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  07:18:45 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the CD caddy idea and will try it. I use a plastic container that formerly held almonds. Cut a slit in the lid and it works great.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Go to Top of Page

gcelee
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  3:51:10 PM  Show Profile Send gcelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also a ceramic yarn bowl fan - mine is from The Loopy Ewe, an online shop. I also have a wonderful wooden piece that holds center pulls cakes and spins when pulled. This works beautifully and is a good looking piece. At from TLE. I'd love a wooden yarn bowl a little deeper than mine is, with both the open-ended place to feed yarn and the enclosed hole. I also like Chia's one skein piece - it's pretty and keeps the yarn clean while on the go. I used plastic bags for years and finally decided I wanted something prettier, so over the years I've added a few pieces that I also enjoy looking at.

Carol
Knitting is cheaper than therapy and more effective. I enjoy it more and it's good for my blood pressure. What more could you want?
Go to Top of Page

lucybug
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  08:00:15 AM  Show Profile Send lucybug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use my pottery yarn bowl at home but for knitting in the car I use a ziplock bag now (thanks for the idea!!). Keeps the yarn clean as it's still snowing here and the floor mats are usually wet and muddy.

Pam in the Colorado mountains
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.