Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from Corpus Christi, TX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ccpeanut
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  12:40:19 PM  Show Profile Send ccpeanut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone! I'm new to this group, but not to knitting. I have machine knitted since 1982-1983. Can't remember...it's been so long ago. And, I started with spool knitting when I was in the 2nd grade. It just went from there. I'm learning new things, every day, and love making connections with those who want to learn to knit so that it doesn't look "Home-made". For me, BLOCKING, is the key!

Also, I lived in Kansas for 47 of my last 60 years and just moved to south texas 2 1/2 years ago. Adjusting to the warm climate is great! You can still knit in south Texas!

Carole

BobbiSocks
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  4:16:03 PM  Show Profile Send BobbiSocks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,

Execution, finishing techniques, and blocking make all the difference. Welcome!! :)

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  09:26:16 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, Welcome to these forums from Australia. I can even knit when the thermometer is at 43 Celsius - that's about 110 fahrenheit. Hot. Of course we have air conditioning everywhere. Blocking certainly does make a difference. I never heard of it in over 50 years of knitting until I learned about it on this site. Another thing that I think gives a nice finish is that mattress stitch.
Hope you keep posting.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums from Maine!
judy
Go to Top of Page

Sparklehal
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  6:29:53 PM  Show Profile Send Sparklehal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from a fellow Texan. I am ready to get into the subjects and learn all I can.
Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  06:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, from New York!

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

765 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, Welcome from Chicago. Donna

Donna
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.