Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi, Everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Babsy
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  08:43:04 AM  Show Profile Send Babsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to the forums, though I have been reading Knitter's Review for ages. I knit pretty much all the time, and every year I set a goal to learn new techniques (or master ones I haven't quite managed). This year it will be short rows and knitting from charts. I look forward to getting to know many of you and learning lots of new things from such creative people.

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  09:39:30 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Babsy, Welcome to KR from Chicago. Im always looking for something new to learn. This is my double knitting time now. Happy Knitting Donna
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1267 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  10:56:40 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Babsy, I like to approach knitting like you mention above: setting goals for learning new techniques. Always so much to learn. Short row technique totally intrigues me--I would love to be able to knit a sweater and add bust darts. Welcome to KR from Northern California and look forward to hearing more from you.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  4:50:27 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums from Maine! Hope you enjoy the support and knitting inspiration.
judy
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2013 :  10:07:44 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello & welcome to the KF, Babsy! Glad u have joined us & hope u decide to stay! Looking forward to getting to know u better here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!!
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  10:38:42 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome from Australia. I have never approached knitting that way. Maybe I should. My daughter is always on the lookout for something different and she is a marvellous knitter. I knit because there is always something I want to knit. PLease stay in touch via the forums and keep us posted on what techniques you have discovered to learn.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?